Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5

Posted May 10, 2016 08:34 AM

Good Morning!
    I need help to change the "Active Status" ( Active for stock ) of a group of machines by Altiris . I use the Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5 .

Grateful!

Rodrigo Pinheiro

• 2.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 01:33 PM

Have you tried multiple selection (+Shift or +CTRL button) and mouse right click menu for selected assets to change their status?

Make sure that you have "CMDB Solution" installed to have this option for asset status changing via mouse right click menu

AssetStatus_RightClick.jpg

Thanks,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5

Posted May 10, 2016 03:58 PM

Igor,

I need to make this change in a group of machines that are not in the same sequence (as the solution presented above).

I have an excel file with the names of the machine and need to change all to the same status ( stock ) . You have another idea ?

• 4.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2016 05:41 AM

OPTION 1

Using the Silverlight Console:

1. Create an Organisational view / Org Group

2. Filter names, and statuses as best you can, then drag them into your new Org View / Org Group

3. Once they are all in there then you can highlight them all and using right click assign them the new status, or use Bulk Edit function

OPTION 2

• Otherwise as Igor already said use ctrl click, shift click to select them all

OPTION 3

• Otherwise you can do a CMDB import, that will take you a good 90 minutes of pissing around creating Excel workbooks, import tasks, testing, etc, so probably not worth it but you'll have to decide on your best use of time...
    • I try and get interns, and students to do stuff like this, they can update comments fields, and locations, status, etc at the same time.

• 5.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2016 05:42 AM
    Save a list of PC names only as a CSV file. Create a new Filter, Query Mode: None, and use the Import Computers icon at the end of the "Resources Included in this filter..." line to import the list. Then you can select all of them, right-click > CMDB Functions > Set Asset Status > In Stock. You can also use the [Settings > Notification Server >] Connector but that's more complex.

• 6.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5

Posted May 11, 2016 06:00 AM

...oh yep that's another good one andy, i've only had to do that a couple of times, but useful every now and then!

• 7.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5

Posted May 11, 2016 10:48 AM

Andy and Mike,
    You responded exactly the solution .
    Thanks a lot for the help!

Building on the theme , I would like to know more about this feature ( Settings > Notification Server > Connector ) someone would have a step by step using this feature ?

• 8.  RE: Change " Active Status " of a group of machines - Altiris Symantec ™ Management Console Version 7.5