Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Move Resource Association to Another Folder

Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:58 AM

I want to hide the Computer Type resource association and I don't care to the the views.

Are there any concerns with moving the Computer Type Association to another folder to which people don't have access?

I find simply moving the assocation to be a better option to breaking inheritance or removing parent permissions and explicitly adding permissions to all the other items.

Any comments are welcome.

• 2.  RE: Move Resource Association to Another Folder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 15, 2017 10:54 AM

Sure you can create another folder and move there "Computer Type" Item, then just remove read permissions for custom folder where "Computer Type" is moved now for appropriate Security Roles, since it's just a hiding of this Item from SMP Console view for other Security Role and isn't removing of privileges.

Be default "Computer Type" Item is stored here --> \Notification Server\Settings\Notification Server\Resource and Data Class Settings\Resource Associations\CMDB Association Types\Datacenter Association Types\

Just don't forget to notify about new location of "Computer Types" Item for required people who are allowed to see it :)