Asset Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Hardware Asset Creation

Posted Sep 10, 2017 04:22 PM

Good Afternoon Altiris ITAM Community - I am very new to Altiris functionality and need some super user help.  I come from ServiceNow ITAM (HAM-SAM-CAM).  I have searched the Platform and I am not finding Model and Asset Creation options...  Could be an access issue or terminology issue.  But I would appreciate any help.

Rebecca

• 2.  RE: Hardware Asset Creation
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 10, 2017 06:16 PM

These support articles were written for an older version but should still apply:

"About configuration items"

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO63875

"Creating and editing a configuration item"

"To create and edit a configuration item

1. In the Symantec Management Console, on the Manage menu, click Assets.

2. In the left pane, expand the desired folder.

3. To create a configuration item, right-click a configuration item type, and then click the context menu option that lets you create a new configuration item.
    4. (Optional) To edit a configuration item, do one of the following:

• In the configuration items list, double-click a configuration item.

• In the configuration items list, right-click a configuration item, and then click the context menu option that lets you edit the configuration item, add associations, or change the status.

5. In the Create configuration item or Edit configuration item window, specify the details of the configuration item.

To make creating and editing configuration items more convenient, you can adjust the default edit view according to your needs.

See Managing edit views.

To speed up data entry, you can set the default data entry values for configuration item types.

6. Do one of the following:

• Click Save and create new, to save the data and create the next item.

• Click Apply, to save the data and continue editing the same item.

• Click OK, to save the data and close the window.

Note that in the configuration items list, you must click Refresh to display the changes."

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO63885