Content & Malware Analysis

View Only
  • 1.  icap_error for pdf

Posted Jul 31, 2020 01:18 PM
    I am starting to get blocks when trying to download pdfs though my CAS.  the only thing I can find is "icap_error"  we are running 3.0.1.1​.  Has anyone seen this?  I have two other CAS and they are running 2.4.1.2 and aren't having the issue.  I would appreciate any response.

------------------------------
    mwilks
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: icap_error for pdf

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2020 04:25 PM
    Hi BigSis,

I haven't found a distinct issue with this happening in 3.0.1.1.  icap_error can happen in all versions, and that alone really doesn't pinpoint the issue. If you are connected to a ProxySG, a lot of times on the exception page that is returned to the user, it will give you a reason, such as "server unavailable", "File is password protected", or unknown. There are a lot of possibilities that it could be. You would be able to see this in a Policy Trace as well.

If it doesn't look like you are running into an error due to a icap communication issue, you could also check on the CAS itself under Statistics > Historical Connections to see if there is an indication of what is happening there. In the Result column, it will list any errors encountered. 

Thanks!