Content & Malware Analysis

View Only
  • 1.  On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Posted Apr 11, 2021 05:08 PM
    We have 5 CAS S400-A4 appliances on 3.1.0.1 version. We have been trying to create a base image with different Windows 10 iso (1909, 1903) through "upload from local file" option and licensing with internal KMS but it´s been constantly failing almost all the times (we tried like 10 attempts through the different appliances) but a single attempt on which it got to create successfully. The weird thing is that the failure occurs at random stages of the import procedure, so it makes it harder to find a pattern or identify the issue. Some of the different error messages are of "Activation failed", "Recovery: Your PC device needs to be repaired". I am attaching some screenshots. We also tried licensing with specific keys but it still fails at random points. We are working with support but so far we can´t find the cause of this behavior. We shared one of the Windows ISO files we used with support and they tested it successfully. Has anyone gone through a similar behavior? Also, it´s not clear whether only Enteprise licenses should work, or Pro editions as well? Could you please share which windows 10 version and license type worked for you successfully? With KMS or product key? We are thinking of doing a factory reset on any of the CAS appliance to see if it makes any difference. Any other suggestion is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Posted Apr 20, 2021 01:39 AM
    Hi !
    We are having the same issue! with CA version 3.0.1.1,
    Any recommendation about it!!

• 3.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2021 12:45 PM
    Hi ITA ISD,

Your issue may be different. If you are trying 1909 on CAS 3.0.1.1, that is not supported. To run 1909 you need to be on CAS 3.1. See the below list for what versions of windows are supported on what version of CAS.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=188512

Hope that helps!

• 4.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Posted May 18, 2021 02:56 AM
    Hi Jacob
    Many thanks for your response,
    I did an upgrade to 3.1.2.2 as a requirement for ABRCA cert update. I tried to install the (1909, 1903) and did not work. but when tried 1809 it worked good. Thanks Juan Cardona for sharing that!

Thanks & Regards all of you.

• 5.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2021 11:24 AM
    Hello Juan, 

If you will use and Windows 10 Enterprise image with the Windows 10 Enterprise Key , the victory will be yours !
    I have been very successful using Windows 10 Enterprise 1703.

I hope this helps.
    Slava

• 6.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Posted Apr 21, 2021 05:07 PM

Hi Slava,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I´ve been trying with Windows 10 Pro 1909 and it´s giving blue screen (recovery errors randomly). 

I also tried with Windows 10 1809 and that one seems to be working fine, so it seems some issue with latest Windows versions.

Thanks,
    Juan

• 7.  RE: On box Sandboxing failing to create base image

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2021 05:17 PM
    Juan,

Glad it worked, thank you for providing the details with the successful image number i am sure it will assist the rest of audience.

Slava