Content & Malware Analysis

View Only
  • 1.  CAS Question

Posted Aug 02, 2021 12:33 PM
    We have recently renewed our CAS physical appliance license that includes ( Dual AV, Machine Learning, On-box Sandbox, File Reputation). On our Support portal we can see the new license with new dates. However, on CAS Web Console when we go to License, we are still seeing there the old licenses for ( Dual AV, Machine Learning, On-box Sandbox, File Reputation) which will expire soon, we don't see the new dates there.

Do we need to add the renewed ( Dual AV, Machine Learning, On-box Sandbox, File Reputation) activation codes in the Support portal and link it to the CAS appliance Serial Number and then download the license on CAS after that it will show the new dates?

Secondly for updating the ABRCA root certificate is it enough to run the request-appliance-certificate command in CAS CLI or we need to upgrade it to 3.1?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Symantec Enthusiast

• 2.  RE: CAS Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2021 12:47 PM
    Hello Sym, 

For the Subscription query, i would make sure i follow this KB to makes sure that renewed subscription Addon is linked to the device in question, and the old one is not: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/201533/linking-symantec-software-addons-to-the.html

For the ABRCA  the answer is here for all of the devices affected including CAS: https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/critical-alert/ABRCA-Root-CA-Certificate-Update-required/18229

I hope this helps.
    Slava V 

• 3.  RE: CAS Question

Posted Aug 02, 2021 01:24 PM
    Thanks @Slava, Do I need to first de-link the existing Add-ons which are soon to be expired and then link the renewed Add-ons to the appliances or I do not need to de-link the existing Add-ons first, I can simply link the renewed Add-ons along with the existing ones and it should work fine?​

Symantec Enthusiast

• 4.  RE: CAS Question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2021 01:34 PM
    Hi Sym,

The order dont matter !
    Once you have the correct addon under the correct device, at the end make sure to follow the step 7 .

Slava