Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple ProxySG Appliances Uploading Logs to Reporter

Posted Oct 12, 2020 10:07 AM
    Hi Everyone, we have 5 ProxySG appliances in different sites which needs to upload access logs to the same reporter VA. Can we create 5 different databases on the same reporter VA so that each ProxySG will upload its access logs to its own database? 

Can it be done? if yes then please share the relevant steps or KB. Thanks

------------------------------
    Symantec Enthusiast

• 2.  RE: Multiple ProxySG Appliances Uploading Logs to Reporter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2020 02:08 PM
    Edited by Jacob Miles Oct 12, 2020 02:17 PM
    Hi SymSpec,

Yes, you can do different databases. I think it is easiest with a separate FTP server. The general concept is that on the FTP server, you create a subdirectory for each ProxySG. You then have each ProxySG configured to upload to its respective directory path. For example, under upload path in the access log settings on one ProxySG, I may put /AccessLogs/SG1 and on another ProxySG put /AccessLogs/SG2.

On the Reporter, when you create the additional databases, you would then create a log source for each of the subdirectories - one unique source per database. For the directory path of the log source, I would put the same subdirectory (/AccessLogs/SG1 for example)

For more info on how to configure access logging on the ProxySG, please see the Configuring Access Logging section of the ProxySG Administration Guide.
    For info on how to databases and how to create a database, please see the Create a Database section of the Reporter Administrator's Guide.​

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Multiple ProxySG Appliances Uploading Logs to Reporter

Posted Oct 12, 2020 05:29 PM
    Hi Jacob, thanks for your valuable feedback, appreciate it. Instead of using a separate FTP server for this, is it possible that we can create multiple directories within the reporter itself and upload access logs directly from each ProxySG to its unique directory within the same reporter and then create mutliple databases with their unique log sources referencing their particular directory? If yes then is there any KB or steps for this?

Thanks

Symantec Enthusiast

• 4.  RE: Multiple ProxySG Appliances Uploading Logs to Reporter

Posted Oct 16, 2020 02:41 PM
    Jacob and Slava, I would really appreciate your kind feedback on this. Thanks

Symantec Enthusiast