Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  What certificate does the Reporter appliance use for authentication to subscription.es.bluecoat.com

Posted Jun 02, 2020 01:15 AM
    Hi;

Since the Reported needs to present its certificate to the subscription.es.bluecoat.com service "for mutual TLS authentication", I wanted to ask what certificate "key-ring" does it use for this purpose.

The reason I am asking is that the connection from the Reporter to the subscription service goes via a Proxy SG device. This means that I need to load the Reporter's client certificate to the Proxy SG. For this sake, I will create a keylist and add the Reporter's correct client certificate there.

Kindly
    Wasfi

• 2.  RE: What certificate does the Reporter appliance use for authentication to subscription.es.bluecoat.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2020 03:30 AM
    Hi Wasfi

Reporter doesn't use mutual authentication to access the subscription servers,

The recommendation is that you bypass ssl interception (as well as other services)  for all subscription/license services

• 3.  RE: What certificate does the Reporter appliance use for authentication to subscription.es.bluecoat.com

Posted Jun 03, 2020 08:22 AM
    Hi Paul;

Actually I took a packet capture on the Proxy SG and I could see that the subscription service demands a client certificate. This is despite bypassing SSL interception (decryption) on the Proxy SG for domain "subscription.es.bluecoat.com"

I exported the keypair "bluecoat-appliance" out of the reporter appliance and imported its certificate and private key into the Proxy SG, then using an "SSL access layer" I presented them to the subscription service when demanded. I did this based on the article below. It worked.

Article Id: 166106
    Updated On: 13-05-2017 09:24
    Legacy Id: TECH241731

Kindly
    Wasfi