Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade path Mangement Center

Posted Jun 09, 2020 11:41 AM
    Hi

A customer want to upgrade his MC from 2.1.1.2 a la 2.4.1.1. Is it possible? I don't find release notes, upgrade paths or other documentation it says it.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Upgrade path Mangement Center

Broadcom Partner
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 11:54 AM
    Edited by Pavel Katunkin Jun 09, 2020 11:54 AM
    Hello Fernando,

Correct path is 2.1 -> (2.2 or 2.3) -> 2.4. Simple rule to receive correct path for MC: goal minor version (2nd digit) version minus current minor version equal or less 2. F.e.: 2.0 -> 2.2 -> 2.4 - correct, 2.0 -> 2.3 -> 2.4 - no.

------------------------------
    Senior Security Engineer
    Web Control

• 3.  RE: Upgrade path Mangement Center

Posted Jun 09, 2020 12:27 PM
    Thanks, Pavel. Is there some site where I can consult this information?

Regards

• 4.  RE: Upgrade path Mangement Center

Broadcom Partner
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 01:40 PM

You can check this article:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH246162

And, of course, you can check Release Notes for target branch (2.4.x). Full Release Notes was published for 2.4.1.1.

Senior Security Engineer
    Web Control

• 5.  RE: Upgrade path Mangement Center

Posted Jun 20, 2020 01:40 AM
    Hello.  I'd like to add to this since its on the same subject.

I have a management center VM that is on an older code version of 1.7.1.2 and need to know what is recommended as the best upgrade path.  I have read the knowledge article regarding staying within 2 minor versions as well as the caveat on moving to 1.11.1.5 and running on this version for a few days to avoid the DB corruption bugs.  The end goal would be to upgrade to the latest 2.4 code version.  We have 4 proxies currently on the 6.7.4.14 that are managed through the MC.  We also have the BC reporter.

Since it would take several hops in EOL codes, is it really easiest to do the restore to factory defaults using the latest 2.4 version?  Is there anything else that we would need to watch out for?