Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  Edit IPtables on Symantec Reporter

Posted Oct 02, 2019 06:24 AM

Hello Dears, 

Can any one help me on how to edit the IP tables on  Symantec Reporter, as i want to edit PASV Ports on FTPS service, but this need to enable these ports on IPtables, or any equal methodology on Symantec Reporter.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Edit IPtables on Symantec Reporter

Posted Oct 02, 2019 07:37 AM
    Dear Amado, This is not possible on reporter

• 3.  RE: Edit IPtables on Symantec Reporter

Posted Oct 03, 2019 03:49 AM

Dear Aboonain,

Ok, i expected this, but now i'am in a situation in which i change the passive data ports for FTPS service on Symantec reporter, but this keeps returning the same data ports (30020 - 30029), and iam in a usecase that i need to change these ports, with no affect for the command that i use.

#ftps pasv-ports 

Thanks,

Ahmed Saeed

• 4.  RE: Edit IPtables on Symantec Reporter

Posted Oct 03, 2019 04:56 AM
    Dear Amado, Data port will keep on changing, the same issue inwas facing when i allowed all port data transfer was successful.

• 5.  RE: Edit IPtables on Symantec Reporter

Posted Oct 03, 2019 02:36 PM

Dear Aboonain,

I think you missed my question, i'll try to clarify it more. I need to edit the FTPs service on Reporter to only configure passive port for a specific port range, like any other FTP Server.

Any Symantec Reporter provide the capability using the command (FTPS pass-ports) in enable mode. But the problem is that when i add a specific range for data ports it isn't reflected in the data connection.

I tried to restart the FTP service, stop the reporter and start it again, but with no hope!. Only when i edited the FTP service config file manually through (ftps edit) command on enable mode, and restart OS, this command talk effect, and FTPs control channel returned a data port in the range i manually configure, but when the FTP client on my side connects back on the data port selected by server. Server then do not reply on that port.

Thanks,

Ahmed Saeed