Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  MC | Unable to add device ProxySG

Posted Oct 27, 2019 09:56 PM

Dear All

Please recommend my customer have MC and add ProxySG 2 box to MC it working find.

last week we found Proxy only one it failed it Hang my customer must unplug from network and send appliance to us for upgrade sgos for fix bug on ProxySG

after i have upgrade completed we would like to install appliance back to network again after we install completed. we would like to add ProxySG back to MC.

but this time we cannot add ProxySG to MC . it have error unable to reach device.

network don't have change any config last time befor unplug this ProxySG we normal to add device.

Please recommend how to check or resolve this issue.

Thank you so much

Best Regards,

CR

• 2.  RE: MC | Unable to add device ProxySG

Posted Nov 21, 2019 03:34 PM

Hello,

can you write on which versions are this moment BC Proxy and  Management Center? is there any new update for any of this products...

• 3.  RE: MC | Unable to add device ProxySG

Posted Aug 24, 2020 06:23 AM
    Is the Issue is resolved ? I'm facing same issue - When trying to add the Bluecoat proxy device with entering correct information, it is throughing erro " The operation time out"' I'm able to ping the proxy from MC.

Regards,
    Kranthi.

------------------------------
    Twenty Two by 7 Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: MC | Unable to add device ProxySG

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2020 12:41 PM
    Hi Kranthi077,

I would recommend taking a packet capture from the MC to see where things are failing. It also wouldn't hurt to take a packet capture from the ProxySG at the same time, so you have two sets of data to compare, and can see if any traffic is being sent by one device but not making it to the other. More on how to take a pcap on the ProxySG here.

To take the pcap from the MC, you will need to open an SSH connection. From enable mode, type pcap​ start 

After starting the pcap, start the pcap on the ProxySG as well, and then try to reconnect MC to the ProxySG. Once you get your error, type pcap stop in the CLI of the MC, and stop the pcap on the ProxySG as well.

To download the pcap, go to Administration > Logs in the Management Center GUI, and download the pcap_dump_file. Open the file in Wireshark and analyze it to see where things are failing.

Hope this helps!