Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec MC-V10 - need help with the enable password

Posted Jun 09, 2020 06:29 PM
    Hi,

I have an MC-v10 version 2.0.1.1 build 219045 and noticed I am unable to find the correct enable password.
    The device is running on ESX 6.5, it was installed by someone who is not working for my company anymore and lost track of the enable password.
    Also the admin account has some problems, I can access the webgui just fine with it, but on SSH it doesn't work.
    I can login with my Radius account on the webgui and SSH, but the enable password is a mystery.

Is there something i can do to recover or reset it? Also for the admin password.
    What would be the default enable password?

Many thanks!
    Alex

• 2.  RE: Symantec MC-V10 - need help with the enable password

Posted Jun 12, 2020 03:08 AM
    Anyone, please?

• 3.  RE: Symantec MC-V10 - need help with the enable password

Posted Jun 15, 2020 02:41 AM
    Edited by Matthias Geiser Jun 15, 2020 02:42 AM
    Hi Alexandru,

If you have access to the VMware Console, hit three times enter. Then you can choose option "2" to start the "setup console". Follow the wizard. After the network settings there is an option to set a new admin and enable password.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, Matthias

• 4.  RE: Symantec MC-V10 - need help with the enable password

Posted Jun 15, 2020 03:16 AM
    Hi Matthias,

Many thanks for the reply!
    Will running this wizard cause any downtime for the SMC?
    I want to keep all existing configuration on it, besides for the admin and enable password.
    I can make a backup and even a snapshot of this VM, just in case.

Best regards,
    Alex

• 5.  RE: Symantec MC-V10 - need help with the enable password

Posted Jun 15, 2020 03:23 AM
    Hi Alex,

a VM snapshot is allways a good idea before messing with a configuration. But all configuration should be preserved. It's possible that there is a short downtime while the system reloads the network configuration but that should not be an issue as the proxies work independently from the MC.

Best regards, Matthias