VIP Access Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

• 1.  VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 10-24-2019 10:05 AM

I get the error message, "Apple Watch could not connect to your iPhone."  However, the watch is connected to my iPhone. I have deleted and reinstalled the VIP app several times.  I have restarted the iPhone and the watch.  Still get the same error code. 

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-24-2019 01:14 PM

Hi there -

Are you on the latest iOS for both the watch and iPhone? 

• 3.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 10-24-2019 02:02 PM

Yes, latest WatchOS and iOS.

• 4.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-28-2019 03:08 PM

Can you try re-pairing the phone and the watch? 

• 5.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 11-04-2019 02:52 AM

You can try updating the iOS or it can be a problem with the app you should send an error report to apple.

• 6.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 01-08-2020 11:26 AM

Hi Nortin,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm getting the same error and unable to use VIP Access app on Apple Watch.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 01-08-2020 12:06 PM
    VIP access on the Apple Watch no longer works since updating to iOS 13.3 on iPhone XR and Watch OS 6.1.1. The code shown on my phone works but the code shown on the Watch is out of sync with the code shown on the phone. The countdown clocks are offset by about 20 seconds. I tried unpairing and repairing. No change . I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Watch app. No change. This looks like a bug.

• 8.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 01-16-2020 08:45 AM

ios 13.3.3 and Apple Watch OS 6.1.1. Vip app on Apple Watch NO LONGER can connect to iPhone. I have already removed the Apple Watch app and reinstalled it. Tried a few times. Now working. Never mind. 

• 9.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 01-16-2020 01:53 PM

If you get stuck in this state and you are on the latest iOS and Watch OS, and VIP Access app, try unpairing then re-pairing the app. 

• 10.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Posted 01-18-2020 08:11 AM
    Didn’t need to do the unpairing. Still not sure what I did that fixed it. Still have to really tested the codes to watch is generating work.

• 11.  RE: VIP Access app for Apple watch does not work

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 01-28-2020 11:19 AM

That's good news. With one of the updates (4.2.4) several months ago, the cert trust chain was changed in the app to accommodate the DigiCert root CA change. This required the phone to be unpaired from the watch, then re-paired.