VIP Access Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot install Symantec VIP software

• 1.  Cannot install Symantec VIP software

Posted 02-05-2020 03:56 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the Symantec VIP software from https://vip.symantec.com. I've downloaded the W10 version (im running Windows 10 10.0.18363) but when I try to launch the application it says "This app can't run on your PC".

I've tried temporarily turning off Bitdefender as well as Windows Defender with no success. Looking on some forums, people have suggested that Intel® Dynamic Application Loader (DAL) Host Interface Service needs to be disabled, however I'm running a AMD Ryzen system so and this isn't listed in my services tab.

Can anyone give me any advice on how I can install the app please?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Cannot install Symantec VIP software

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-06-2020 04:24 PM

Hi Ben,

After installation, did the shortcut icon appear on your desktop? Try right-mouse clicking on the icon, then 'Run as administrator'. 

If that fails, uninstall the software, then reinstall by doing the same with the installation file. 

• 3.  RE: Cannot install Symantec VIP software

Posted 02-10-2020 02:38 PM

I can't get that far, I've downloaded the file to my desktop and it's sitting there as VIPAccessSetup.exe but when I double click on it a message pops up saying "This app can't run on your PC".

If I right click and click Run as Administrator I receive a different message saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Uders\***\Desktop\VIPAccessSetup.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly and tried again."

I'm absolutely lost as to what to do?!