Blue Coat Data Loss Prevention (DLP)

View Only
  • 1.  DLP SERVERS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Posted Jul 18, 2019 12:11 PM

I would like to hear your suggestions.

I have a physical server with the following specs: 1TB disk , 16 GB RAM - HP Proliant 10th Generation.

My plan is to set up a testing environment for a small company of 65 employees. So I want to simulate the the three-tier installation by creating Oracle server, Enforce Server & Detection Server VMs on that physical server.

So I would like to know how much disk space & RAM to allocate (minimum requirements). Please help!

Note: I am deploying symantec DLP 15.5

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: DLP SERVERS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2019 04:01 AM

Hi Kagiso,

That server should be fine for testing purposes. For Production, you'd probably need to look at pumping up the memory, and making sure that the disk you have is fast (SAS is great!) and has redundancy (you mention 1TB, but not if that's total disk space, or simply a single disk).

You can refer to the DLP 15.5 System Requirements Guide on the link below. It will outline everything you need in order to implement your 3-tier setup:

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.doc10602.html

However, if this is for testing purposes, you would probably look at providing 4GB per VM and a minimum of 2 x vCPUs per VM. You don't mention the CPU in that ProLiant either.

Once you are happy with the testing phase, you should refer to the sizing guide which will give you the requirements to get it running optimally:

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.doc8253.html

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: DLP SERVERS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Posted Jul 24, 2019 06:56 AM

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am really happy with your answer and the resources provided for assistance.

kindest regards,

• 4.  RE: DLP SERVERS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Posted Jul 24, 2019 07:25 AM

No worries, glad to have helped!