Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Can't remove SEP agents from SES console

Posted Aug 06, 2020 10:11 AM
    Hi all.  For a cloud-managed SEP customer, to which we recently purchased new SESE licensing, both licenses show in Endpoint > Settings > Subscriptions, so that's ok.  But, all of the existing computers with SEP agents on them are listed in the Devices list, and when I try to remove them (since most are Win 7 boxes that have been gone for months now), I get an error saying to remove them from SEPM instead.  

I still have SEPM running on the server that manages(ed) these systems, but, damnit, I can't log in.  Can't reemmber the password.  The old methods don't work, there's no resetpass.bat.  
    The mailConfig.properties file inside tomcat/etc for the SEPM on this Win 2008 R2 server indicates the email address to which password reset emails should go, but lo and behold, I also don't have the proper password for that either.  I'm working on that.  And yes, I'm actually great with password management, bot both these missing pw's were changed and documentation never updated.  :\

The plan is to uninstall and remove completely the SEPM so we can use juse cloud-based SES management, any chance doing so would unlock these SEP-locked client systems?  Or is the scripting in resetpass.bat still around?  I don't care if  I break SEPM on the server, I just need to unlock the client systems so I can remove them in ICDm.  

Thank you!  

• 2.  RE: Can't remove SEP agents from SES console

Posted Aug 06, 2020 02:44 PM
    Hi

Since 14.0 version of SEPM, the resetpass.bat file is not functioning. Now you needs to reset the password on the link under the user and password access. 

If you didn´t receive nothing on you email that is on your properties.conf file, then try to install PaperCut on your SEPM server. This program let you catch the email with the password recovery token and then you can reset the passwor to get access again and maybe disable the password for uninstall the agent for your On-prem console.

Regards

------------------------------
    [Presales Manager]
    [Once Soluciones]
    [Mexico]
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Can't remove SEP agents from SES console

Posted Aug 06, 2020 04:08 PM
    @Uriel Cedillo
    I'm confused, PaperCut?  Google shows this to be a printing app?  ​

• 4.  RE: Can't remove SEP agents from SES console

Posted Aug 06, 2020 04:13 PM

Here is the link to Papercut SMTP - https://github.com/ChangemakerStudios/Papercut-SMTP

Shinu Abdulu

Services Architect  |  Enterprise Studio

HCL Technologies Ltd.

Mobile: +1 408-420-0380  |  ShinuAbdulu.Vayya@hcl.com

http://www.hcltech.com Click to follow link.">www.hcltech.com  | www.ca.com/services