Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Cant login to Secondary Server SEP console

Posted May 16, 2020 08:40 AM
    Hi,
    I have upgraded successfully to 14.2.2.
    Primary Server upgraded without any issues and console opened fine. I am able to login.
    Secondary Server also upgraded without any issues. However, when the console opened, I am not able to login with the same credentials with which I am able to login to the Primary server.
    We do not have local ADMIN account password.
    Is there any way, we can reset the password or find out why our login is not working?
    Also, what is the best option available for us so that we can login to the secondary server SEP console?

We have to enable the replication between primary and secondary. But due to this issue, we cant Add Existing Replication partner option from the Primary Server SEP console.

Please help.

Thank you,
    Sachin

• 2.  RE: Cant login to Secondary Server SEP console

Posted May 17, 2020 06:36 PM
    you can re-configure secondary server and use same credential

• 3.  RE: Cant login to Secondary Server SEP console

Posted May 18, 2020 03:07 PM
    Thank you Imtiaz,
    Using the Wizard, will I be able to reset the Admin password for the SEP console?
    We do have password for the DBA but lost the password for the local Admin user. Also, our AD user names are not working.
    We are working with the Symantec Support but still not able to fix the issue.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sachin

• 4.  RE: Cant login to Secondary Server SEP console

Posted May 19, 2020 03:27 PM
    Edited by Sachin Bhat May 19, 2020 03:27 PM
    We finally Uninstalled SEPM from the Secondary Server and reinstalled with Custom Configuration. This gave us options to make the secondary as a Replication partner, set Local admin password and configure the replication.
    After finishing the installation, I was able to login without any issues.
    Also, replication started which took 3-4 hours to complete.
    This thread is closed.
    Thanks,
    Sachin