Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

• 1.  Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Jan 31, 2020 03:13 AM

I have been trying for some time, as has my reseller, to get some response to my attempt to renew my licensing.  We have so far been unable to get any response.  Do Symantec want customers?  I really don't care about 're-branding', my concern is with the security of my servers.  Does the company still sell licenses or should I be looking for an alternative product?

• 2.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Jan 31, 2020 04:00 AM

Hi 

there were a problem yes , but it is solved mid jan and people started to receive their licenses . your reseller should be able to give you a quotation and process your order 

Thanks 

• 3.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Jan 31, 2020 06:55 AM

Yes, they should, but they have been unable to get a response out of Symantec.  Looks like it's time to get something else.

• 4.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Jan 31, 2020 04:56 PM

Agree,

Still waiting for distributor to get liceses for us for multiple customers

• 5.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Aug 11, 2021 10:25 AM
    If you are still experiencing this issue, please send me an email. I would like to learn a little more about your specific issue and possibly assist you.  

(727) 539-7429 X 5584653
    or email me @: Jonathan.Anaya@TechData.com

Jonathan with Tech Data​

• 6.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Aug 12, 2021 08:33 AM
    Us too.. terrible 'service'... and we want to give them money!!

• 7.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 03, 2020 03:55 AM

Try contacting broadcom directly using the mail below

Regarding renewal sales, the emails have updated to the Broadcom domain. 

Please try sending a request to: renewals.sales@broadcom.com

There is also an FAQ located here: https://partnerportal.broadcom.com/en/symantec-partner-portal.html?r=2

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/cant-purchase-sep?list_context_id=3377631&list_context_type=symantec_product

• 8.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Feb 03, 2020 09:38 AM

No, they have not.  I tried desperately last Wed/Thur to get either a quote or extension keys (like they did in December), but was flatly told they would NOT be issuing extension keys this time.  Unfortunately, I did not have a backup plan because I mistakenly assumed they would do the right thing and issue the keys rather than leave their customers unprotected! 

As of today, I am shopping a new endoint protection vendor.

Goodbye, Symantec, you just lost a decades-long customer.

• 9.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please send me an email. I would like to learn a little more about your specific issue and possibly assist you.  

(727) 539-7429 X 5584653

Jonathan with Tech Data

• 10.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Feb 12, 2020 06:52 PM
    Symantec will bot respond to multiple requests regarding renewals. My protection expires in 2 days...

• 11.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 03:23 AM

In a nutshell, all resellers have been contacted with a link to the new Broadcom page with the details. If they have not done that, ask them to do that.

From what I have been told, all existing customers has their licences extended up to 28th February 2020 so you should be still covered until then. Broadcom is still going through the huge backlog, but should see the backlog cleared in the next 2 weeks time and the reseller partner will be able to renew the maintenance before the extension actually expires.

So, if I were you, I'd go back to your reseller.

• 12.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 03:25 AM

Also please see this post from Amy - it might be worth telling your reseller to read her post.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-get-symantec-enterprise-division-sed-product-support-within-broadcom#comment-12252711

• 13.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

Posted Mar 31, 2020 11:58 AM
    I have the exact same issue with ZERO help or movement forward, I am seriously looking to move to another vendor

• 14.  RE: Are Symantec trying to lose customers?

(727) 539-7429 X 5584653

Jonathan with Tech Data