Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  LiveUpdate Defs for Mac SEP Client Endpoint

Posted May 13, 2020 06:17 PM
    Hi all - silly questions time.

I have an internal SEP LiveUpdate server set (working fine) and the SEPM Policy for Mac Computers has been set so that a Mac SEP client will point to the internal LU server. All working a treat with no issues.

My question - if a Mac is offsite and cannot see the internal LU server, and the offsite mac has internet connectivity, will it get def updates direct from Symantec?

Or will the mac still try to grab updates from the internal LU server (which it cannot see offsite) and just not update at all until back onsite where it can see the internal LU server?

I have a few macs offsite that cannot get defs updates (they have internet) at this moment.

Hope all that made sense -  and I hope to get some clarification :)

Cheers and thanks in advance :)

• 2.  RE: LiveUpdate Defs for Mac SEP Client Endpoint

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 01:08 AM
    Hi, if you have only defined a single LU server in your LiveUpdate policy, it will always use that internal server, and would not attempt to use the public LU server. I would suggest you can either include liveupdate.symantec.com as the 2nd server, or create an Outside office location and uses the public LU server.

Alan

------------------------------
    Sr Manager, Product Management

• 3.  RE: LiveUpdate Defs for Mac SEP Client Endpoint

Posted May 14, 2020 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the response - I have added the Symantec Public LU Server and will test now :)

Griffith University