Endpoint Protection

View Only

vmware horizon Floating VDI

• 1.  vmware horizon Floating VDI

Posted Jul 26, 2020 08:55 AM
    Hi Symantec,

But i have a query.In our case we are having vmware horizon with dedicated and floating VDI machines.In the dedicated machines we installed symantec endpoint agent like normal installation.But in the case of floating VDI machines , since the user will get multiple machines each day with login based on availability, we wont be able to install agent and thus we followed the  approach as you mentioned below  for the floating VDI machine.

1.Installed SEP agent on the base image
    2.created a registry  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\virtualization\IsNPVDIClient  (how the license  reclaiming)
    3.Run full scan
    4.run vietool on the base image
    5.enable vietool in the policy
    6.remove vietool from base image and provision.

we are currently at step 4 where we tried to run vietool and got  error in reading file and we logged ticket for the same.But below are my query.

1.Do we need to use  ClientSideClonePrepTool .But i am not able to find that in the administration and installation guide of SEPM 14.3
    2.In the case of floating VDI ,do we need to do the base image scanning and vietool as mentioned regularly
     Original Message