Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection Configuration Wizard is not finishing database connecting

Posted Nov 16, 2021 07:31 AM
    Hi,

I have moved SEPM database to new SQL Server, however, when I try to connect to the new server in the Configuration Wizard, its keeping on the same page of the connecting to the database parameter, although the connection was successful.

Can you advise what can be changed on the database to fix this issue?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Configuration Wizard is not finishing database connecting

Posted Nov 23, 2021 12:41 PM
    Are you moving Embedded Database to SQL Database ? from version 14.2 to 14.3 ?
    Can you explain briefly ?

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Configuration Wizard is not finishing database connecting

Posted Nov 23, 2021 12:49 PM
    The older version was also on SQL Server, however, there was migration of the SQL Cluster to new server and all databases were moved. 

Now I have upgraded the server before the migration of the SQL, and it was connecting successfully.

Now after the SQL was migrated, the Configuration Wizard keeps on loop with the database configuration and no errors or messaging prompts.

Any ideas how to relove this issue?

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Configuration Wizard is not finishing database connecting

Posted Nov 29, 2021 10:32 AM
    Are you using self sign or SSL certificate for communication between SQL database & Symantec endpoint protection manager?

SEPM 14.3 requires encrypted communication with SQL DB.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Configuration Wizard is not finishing database connecting

Posted Nov 29, 2021 12:02 PM
    During upgrade 14.3 RU3
      there are 2 options 
    Use certificates for SQL communications 
    Or  Use hostname and IP
    It's up to you which option you want to use