Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Jul 23, 2020 07:53 PM
    Edited by Sherri Austin Jul 23, 2020 07:53 PM
    We're running SEP client versions 14.2.1031/1015, I'm getting pressure to upgrade our clients to 14.3. I've read the known issues, etc but wanted to know of any issues others have seen that aren't documented in articles? We have 50K+ clients so want to make sure I'm not walking into another nightmare as happened in previous upgrades.

Really just looking for bugs, issues, thoughts, etc. Also, is there another MP coming soon? If so, i'll hold out.

Thanks a bunch!

• 2.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2020 09:49 PM
    I would personally wait for 14.3 MP1 due out in the next couple of weeks.

------------------------------
    John Owens
    Principal Product Support
    Symantec
    United States
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Aug 03, 2020 03:49 AM
    Hello Jhon,

We have to update all cloud clients to Sep 14.3 before October due to the change to google cloud? Those that are not updated will stop working? I'm talking about the migration from AWS to Google, there's not much information about it.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Jul 28, 2020 10:17 AM
    Edited by Calin_Olariu Jul 28, 2020 10:17 AM
    Hello Sherri,
    Don't upgrade to 14.3 as it turns out it has issues, i was also planning to upgrade from 14.2 RU 2 to 14.3 and found out that it has some issues afterwards, meaning that agents will not update definitions after the upgrade.
    Don't know why this is happening, i haven't researched in depth the forum or tested enough, but clearly there are issues.

Frankly i wasn't expecting for a version released in May to have issues like this, not to mention the fact that is a main version, a 14.3, not a MP or something...

Therefor, as John mentioned, wait for 14.3 MP1.

BUT :) if you would ask me if i would upgrade to 14.3 MP1 i would say no :)
    The main reason is, i'm skeptical and very much paranoia when it comes to upgrading very fast to a very recent version released.
    I've always given time to each versions released by Symantec.

• 5.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Jul 29, 2020 06:24 PM
    Hello, 
     Please can someone tell me the full issues that occur when updating to SEPM 14.3 ?
    If one of Symantec's own are saying not to upgrade then there must be some serious problems.
    When is 14.3 MP1 scheduled for release if I was to wait for this ?

• 6.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2020 07:32 PM
    14.3 MP1 is slated to be released anytime now. Personally I would wait for this version. 

• 7.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Jul 30, 2020 10:23 AM
    FWIW - our 14.2 MP(something) to 14.3 upgrade is going quite well.  We're halfway through the workstation upgrades and about to start on servers.  Other than getting more of the dreaded "Too many requests for virus and spyware full definitions" alerts than usual, everything seems cool.  The Full Definitions alert has been going on for years once or twice a week.  It doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on performance anywhere, but I wish I could make it stop.

• 8.  RE: Upgrade to SEP 14.3

Posted Aug 03, 2020 07:06 AM
    14.3 MP1 is already available in MyBroadcom portal

BTW, we already have more than 30000 client machines upgraded to 14.3 and no issues so far