Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Nov 30, 2021 10:50 AM
    We have about 100 devices on our SEP.  We recently renewed but the licenses weren't applied to our existing Account ID and a new one was created.  Our existing Account ID expired and now we have several clients that have issues with Windows with a blank screen and or stalling and hanging after login.  I have contacted my reseller to have them move our subscription to our existing Account ID.

This is happening to roughly 20 computers with Windows 10 installed.  They vary from different brands and apps that are installed.  I have been able to uninstall the SEP client via control panel and cleanwipe (with random Windows hanging) but the problem still exists after the product has been removed.

Does anyone any insight on this.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Steve

• 2.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Nov 30, 2021 10:55 AM
    Its not related with symantec
    may i know what is the build no of Windows 10 in your office ?
    are all clients patched with Microsoft latest release ?

• 3.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Nov 30, 2021 11:06 AM
    Thanks for your reply!  Our team found a solution late last night.

We found that the cryptographic services was causing issues on some machines.  So we needed to stop the service, rename the catroot2 folder located in System32 and start the service and everything was running fine.

It is strange that it seemed to happen when the SEP license expired and was random on the ones that it happened to.

I hope this might help someone in the future!

• 4.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Dec 07, 2021 02:13 AM
    Thank you for this!

We have been having major issues with expired SESE licenses, and I hope this will be our saving grace.

Thank you for posting this.

• 5.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Dec 09, 2021 10:13 AM

Muhammed - I have to mention that this issue is Symantec related.

We have 6 different clients, running different hardware, networks, etc etc etc. The only common denominator is Windows OS and Symantec.
    I hope that Steve's answer will be the solution for us. We going to use it on the clients that we still waiting for licenses on, and if it is, I owe the man a beer. (Or a crate of them).

The next issue is to get Broadcom to approve the quotes and renew the licenses once quotes are approved. We have clients waiting for 2 weeks now and still no quote approval from our distributor so that we can receive the license.

• 6.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Dec 09, 2021 10:44 AM
    I am glad that we weren't the only ones with this issue and that our solution was a help to others!

I had to contact my reseller to cancel and reissue our order under our original Site ID and that took about a week to get everything straightened out.

I left one machine untouched to see if it went back to normal after the license became active again and sure enough the computer was fine once our licenses were renewed.

I hope yours gets resolved soon!

Steve

• 7.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2021 12:25 PM
    Do you have any cases opened? Can you provide case numbers if so?

------------------------------
    John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Windows Hangs / Freezes after Subscription Expires

Posted Feb 03, 2022 09:02 AM

Hi Steve, I have the same problem with renewing my license. They (our reseller?) created a whole new Account ID instead of renewing our subcription under our current Account ID. I tried to fix it through support but they can't help me. My reseller (who buys it through another reseller :S ) need to correct this. 

I wish that broadcom would stop with resellers and give me as a customer the option to buy through creditcard of invoice. 

Hopefully I don't ran into the problem you had with your endpoints.