Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

• 1.  Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 11:38 AM
    I am unable to complete the task : 

Step 2: Upgrade your access level if you need additional access. To access other Support applications like Customer Portal, Partner Portal, Case Management Tools and Education Platform, please upgrade your profile via the link. 

When I attempt to submit my SITE ID and click NEXT I am told that the "name of my company" field is: 
    • Special characters not allowed

This field is already filled in by the system and is locked. I cannot edit the field. I cannot submit tickets through the regular ticket portal because it says I do not have access because I have not completed the above steps, which I cannot complete. 

I cannot reach anyone by phone and if I attempt to open a ticket through this BOB chat stuff it says, you don't have permission. So it takes me to some generic form to fill out and I have tried this for two days and see nothing but a spinning wheel.

• 2.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 12:06 PM

What number are you trying to call?  Customer Care should be able to address this.

+1-800-225-5224

• 3.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 12:32 PM
    I'll try that number. I had this from one of the migration emails:

• All other Customers should phone Technical Support directly (1-800-634-4747) and speak with a Customer Care Agent or leverage the "leave a message" option presented in the IVR system.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 12:37 PM
    I feel like its going to the same menu that never answered yesterday after an hour and this morning after 30 minutes. I'm on hold now. It fakes me out every now and then like they are answering because there is a pause in music. Then it starts again. This is ponderous.

• 5.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 12:49 PM
    If you do not get a hold of anyone let me know.  I will try to see what is going on.  Could be a lot of people having same issue increasing hold times.

• 6.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 01:04 PM
    Hi John. I really appreciate YOUR responsiveness!!! I am still on hold. I chose Symantec Support and when asked to enter my Support ID I used my Symantec Support ID. It told me it would transfer me and ......music. So I have two phones going now. My original call where I chose support option 1. And this new call for support option 2 licensing, which did not ask for my support id. I am listening to the music in stereo now. It sounds pretty cool. I'm pretty frustrated, but I'm trying to bring a little humour to the situation. I have my Symantec Support ID if you need that. I don't want to post that publicly though. Thanks again for following up. Makes me feel a little better.

• 7.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 01:14 PM
    Update. Got a hold of someone. They have created a ticket for me and are going to update me with a call back.

• 8.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 01:19 PM
    Glad to hear that! Hopefully, they will be able to get this addressed for you quickly.

• 9.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 01:28 PM
    John, I've been trying to reach anyone at Broadcom now for two days now and have received ZERO response so far:

1) Calling Broadcom main support number 1-800-225-5224 - options for Symantec support/licensing etc. - on hold for hours, nobody answers
    2) Calling the Broadcom CA support suggested number Symantec support https://support.broadcom.com forwards to Broadcom support number
    3) Requested to speak to Symantec support manager Rele Shashank (?), not surprisingly have not heard back
    4) Tried to have our case elevated, or simply entering a new case to speak with an agent - endless hold times
    5) Entered severity High-P2 priority ticket in Broadcom case management two days (!) ago, no response whatsoever

This is really serious and needs to be addressed by Broadcom ASAP. We're an enterprise customer with a very expensive and active Symantec SES Cloud subscription, and almost all of our PCs are now reporting at risk and 'License is not entitled' errors. This puts our organization at great risk since Symantec malware protection services are disabled until Broadcom resolves licensing issues for SES Cloud hosted and presumably other customers.

• 10.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 04:32 PM
    Do you already have a case opened?  I just had someone who was able to call  +1-800-225-5224 and was able to get assistance.

• 11.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 05:45 PM
    Well yes, see my post: "Entered severity High-P2 priority ticket in Broadcom case management two days ago"

• 12.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 06:21 PM
    I will need the case number to look into it for you.

• 13.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted Mar 03, 2020 06:35 PM
    The case number is 31777353 - Created on 01-March-2020 15:20:46

Subject
    High number of At Risk clients - License is not entitled

Description
    Seeing a lot of clients with the following warning:

"Client Security Status Reason
    One or more available features is not installed
    License is not entitled. LiveUpdate disabled
    Disabled / malfunctioning (Antimalware)
    Disabled / malfunctioning (Download Insight)
    Content out of date (Antimalware) and Intensive Protection disabled due to Licensing"

Subscription status is active and valid until May 17, 2020

• 14.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2020 07:50 PM
    Looks like you will be getting a call shortly. Please stand by.

• 15.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted May 10, 2020 12:04 PM
    I am simply trying to renew my SEPC licenses and can't get anywhere.  I have been a Symantec customer for a few years now and everything has worked flawlessly.  Now that Broadcom is in the mix, I can't:

1. Renew my licenses: Symantec email redirects me to a 404 link on Broadcom's website (https://sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com//app/#/subscriptions)
    2. Create a support ticket: I filled out the ENTIRE form (even non required fields) and I am getting the following message when clicking Submit: "Missing required data, Please enter proper Data."  This is on https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/esd/createcase.
    3. My Symantec VIP Access authentication no longer works, with no clear path of how to work again or find a substitute.

I have never had so many technical issues from a technology company in my life.  Is this the first time Broadcom has ever done this?

• 16.  RE: Migrating from Symantec to Broadcom is NOT working and I cannot get support

Posted May 11, 2020 05:39 PM
    User migrations didn't work properly (entitlements missing and cannot be added).
    Cannot renew licenses as partner has no access to broadcom licence/sale systems.
    No response to customer form requests.
    I raised a severity High-P2 priority ticket in Broadcom case management (31909863) - no response yet!
    I had to use Firefox to enter the case, with new MS Edge I always got "Missing required data, Please enter proper Data" without indication where.

I guess I need an urgent switch to a competitors product.
    Broadcom does not seem to be able to handle and support this (Symantec) products and I did not find commitments for the future yet.