Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM Self-Signed Certificate

Posted Apr 21, 2021 09:42 AM

Hi Everyone. Currently we have 2 SEPMs with SQL database running off-box with version 14 MP1. Both SEPMs are using self-signed certificate and in the MSL is configured in the Load Balancing fashion with same priority. MSL is using HTTPs with port 443.

Now we have a requirement to update the self-signed certificate with a CA signed certificate on both SEPMs one-by-one. 

Since we are going to change the certificate first on one SEPM it should not affect SEP agents communication as they should start communicating with the second SEPM server since it is there with the same priority. 

After the certificate is updated on the first SEPM, we can then update it on the second SEPM.

Is this the right approach and process.

------------------------------
    Symantec Enthusiast

• 2.  RE: SEPM Self-Signed Certificate

Posted Apr 21, 2021 12:40 PM
    Anyone???

Symantec Enthusiast

• 3.  RE: SEPM Self-Signed Certificate

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2021 12:44 PM
    Correct. If you did not have the failover set up you would follow https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/187099/update-the-server-certificate-on-the-man.html

John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Enterprise Division (SED)
    Symantec
    United States

• 4.  RE: SEPM Self-Signed Certificate

Posted Apr 21, 2021 12:49 PM
    Thanks John, So I don't need to change MSL from HTTPs to HTTP (8014) provided I have set it up like belowl

Priority-1 SEPM (Self-Signed)

Priority-2 SEPM (Self-Signed)

I don't need to change MSL from HTTPs to HTTP. I just need to change the certificate first on priority-2 SEPM. Once it is completed wait for 2-3 heartbeats.

After that change the certificate on Priority-1 SEPM.

Doing the above will ensure that SEP agents will not loose their connectivity with SEPM.

Am I right in this?

Symantec Enthusiast