Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Export macOS packages

Posted Mar 24, 2020 05:52 PM
    Hello,

Currently running 14.2 RU2 MP1 build 5569.

When trying to export a macOS package, I have the option to export 10.15 or 10.14 and below. I am trying to export a 10.15 version. I also noticed this has version 14.2.5576.2100

When I try to install this on macOS 10.15.3, I get an error message:

The application "Symantec Endpoint Protection Installer" can't be opened.

The Zip file is proper - but it gets automatically unzipped when it's downloaded by Safari. 

Was about to try out the client from the ALL_Clients zip file I got from the portal, but noticed there's only one version of a macOS client. This one is a dmg file as well.

This is happening for unmanaged and managed exports. I need the unmanaged right away - could I just use the dmg from the all_clients zip file? Thanks.

------------------------------
    Rider University

• 2.  RE: Export macOS packages

Posted Mar 25, 2020 11:08 AM
    Morning,

SU, did you take a look at this tech article?  https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=tech236105

I've had this issue it seems consistently with 10.14 and 10.15, mac seems to add attributes that do not work well with the SEP installer.  I run those commands and my sep installer works fine, just a side note, run them after you unzip your files on the mac you want to install SEP.

• 3.  RE: Export macOS packages

Posted Mar 25, 2020 11:35 AM
    Thanks Adam,

Three questions:

* For unmanaged use, could I simply use the DMG that comes as part of the All_clients.zip file? Since there's only one DMG I assume it includes both 10.15 and pre 10.15 versiosn?

* For manged use to be used again, I guess apply the changes mentioned in the article above and zip up again?

* For managed use, can we apply policies to the DMG in the All_clients.zip to make a new managed package?

Thanks - I had a case with support, but we all know how awful they've been lately...

Rider University

• 4.  RE: Export macOS packages

Posted Apr 08, 2020 05:13 PM
    I'm aware of this article. But they want me to submit an enhancement request for this problem, which is ridiculous.

Has anyone any ideas on how to properly fix this on the SEP manager side so it creates a properly configured zip file?

Thanks.

Rider University

• 5.  RE: Export macOS packages

Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:36 AM
      |   view attached
    Good morning, I was experiencing this same issue when I joined my new company. 
    I had to go to another source (read company) that had the installer or access to the installer to get this installed on my mac. 
    I am still using an unmanaged client for my mac. 
    I personally dont like Symantec products but I am stuck with it for now. 
    The client that I actually got installed was attached