Endpoint Protection

Expand all | Collapse all

Microsoft Teams and SEP

• 1.  Microsoft Teams and SEP

Posted 12-22-2020 02:46 PM

Looking for some direction on any issues between Teams and SEP. Our network team has been trying to identify slowness in the Teams environment for some users experiencing slowness. They have asked that we check on any potential adjustments we might need to make on our SEPMs that could potentially be slowing it down. Could be real time scans, would be the only issue I could see since it isn't blocking anything or logging any blocks. Are there any scan exceptions we should consider putting in place to ensure SEP isn't slowing down Teams without opening things up too much? Thanks

------------------------------
    Growmark Inc.

• 2.  RE: Microsoft Teams and SEP

Posted 12-22-2020 04:34 PM

Have your network team check if you're using SafeLinks. If so, check the global policy and see if you have the below selected (red dots) if so, you can try and disable and wait a day or so to see if it begins operating normally: https://protection.office.com/safelinksv2

Jeremy Hills

• 3.  RE: Microsoft Teams and SEP

Posted 12-23-2020 04:07 PM

Thanks! I'll pass that along to them

Anyone have any input on adjustments to make in the SEPM?

Growmark Inc.

• 4.  RE: Microsoft Teams and SEP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 12-23-2020 04:58 PM
    Teams should have information on what they suggest be excluded from 3rd party virus protection. I would start with asking their support team.