Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

• 1.  Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 22, 2020 12:18 PM
    Hi
    I have received notification at "hostedendpoint.spn.com" that on or after 2nd of November 2020 Symantec Small Business Edition (SEP SBE) will be discontinued and no longer will offer protection I approached technical support and was assured to received migration email shortly. As we are closing towards discontinuation date we haven't received any such email from Broadcom or Symantec. Looking forward on Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom(Software agent) from Symantec.

• 2.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 01:25 PM

Customers with active, pre-paid subscriptions received three emails. The first, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, contained a Broadcom-issued entitlement and contract information for a free subscription to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise. This email was sent both to the distributor and to the customer technical contact email address provided to Symantec at the time of purchase. A second email provided access to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise in the cloud and originated from cyberdefense@saas.broadcom.com. The third email, originating from e-delivery@broadcom.com, included the license key and other information for an on-premises deployment. If you you are a customer with an active, pre-paid subscription who has not received an entitlement, you should contact support.

I hope that is helpful to you.
    Thanks,
    Amy

• 3.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 22, 2020 03:19 PM
    I received the first one but nothing else after that. i have reached out to support and they told me to reach out to my provider. I reached out to the provider but haven't heard anything back. so what am I to do to migrate over.

• 4.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2020 03:47 PM
    Hi Alex,
    Can you tell me if you have a case number from your call with support?  And also who is your provider?

tx,
    Amy

• 5.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 23, 2020 04:03 PM
    Edited by alex82361 Oct 23, 2020 04:03 PM
    case number 32281806  Provider is Tech Data 

• 6.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:40 AM
    Hi alex82361,

If you have not received any update yet then, please send an email to Broadcom-GCSP@techdata.com for direct support from Tech data.

------------------------------
    Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 27, 2020 04:57 AM
    Edited by Juned Abdulla Oct 27, 2020 05:01 AM
    Dear A L,
    We didn't received any welcoming email for transition. i opened up various tickets and received different answers all the time.
    If you DM me i will share Tickets and Site ID details and Sr. No. from Symantec.(Our purchase was made online - do not have any reseller or partner)

Would appreciate your support in this regards.

BR,
    Juned Abdulla

• 8.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 28, 2020 01:25 PM
    Hi Juned,

There is a different process for customer who purchased online.  You will need to contact a partner in your location who is using the new Marketplace platform.
    These partners can provide the "SESE Entitlement Transition" licence/s.

Note that if you SEP SBE/SEP.Cloud licence expires on Oct 31st, the SES transition licence only lasts until November 30th.
    It may be more effective to work with your local Symantec reseller and immediately request a new SESE licence with the same licence count as your expiring solution.

Thanks,

CiaranCMS

• 9.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 28, 2020 01:38 PM
    Hi, same problem here, SEP/SBE, purchased on line, licence should last for one more year. I was also expecting a welcome email, but none arrived.
    I contacted Arrow distributor her in Italy but he was not able, as yet to provide a solution.
    I dobt that something happens in the next couple of days. Very,very disappointing

• 10.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:34 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Oct 29, 2020 05:35 AM
    Hi Paolo JANG

I would suggest you to fill the form to get direct support from Arrow. After submitting the form, if you need further support please get in touch with Arrow's support team at cloud.ecs.eu@arrow.com

Let me know if you still don't get any response from the team.

Please follow Customer Care community for transition updates. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 11.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:26 AM
    Edited by Heena Tabassum Oct 29, 2020 05:36 AM
    Hi Juned Abdulla

I reviewed all your cases and confirm that your product is active till Aug 09, 2021. To migrate your product from SEB to SES, you will to reach out to the following distribution partners to request assistance with ordering your Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise entitlement.

Let me know if there is no response from the team.

Please follow Customer Care community for transition updates. 

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:22 PM
    @Heena Tabassum I've been following this thread.  We have 2 clients that use SEP cloud via Ingram Micro AU (monthly billing) .  Ingram have told use they do not have the SES or SESC available yet.  So this weekend I will be moving those clients to a new endpoint security vendor

• 13.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Oct 29, 2020 11:33 PM
    Same issue, different end users, no mail for transition received.

2 tickets

other tickets have to be created.

purchased via Ingram Micro

Please solution for this problem!!!

Thanks,

Niko

• 14.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Nov 01, 2020 04:15 PM

@Heena Tabassum
    We contacted several distributors from your list. Either no reply at all, or saying they cannot help
    Opened a case with Broadcom & got this reply:

I see you have purchased the licenses for Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition from E-store,
    Please make a note that, E-store purchased subscriptions are not migrated to Endpoint Security licenses and due to which the entitlements are not generated for these.
    As there is a price difference between these two products, please get upgraded the current licenses to Endpoint Security Licenses.
    You have to get in touch with one of our partners or the re-sellers in order to upgrade the licenses.

What does it mean 'upgrade the current license'? This upgrade is free of charge for us, is it? We have a fully prepaid subscription valid for another 18 months
    Who exactly to contact for it, to really get a reply & action?

The whole process is terribly slow & disappointing. Trying to get this solved for more than a week, but getting nowhere

• 15.  RE: Migration or Upgrade to Broadcom from Symantec

Posted Nov 01, 2020 09:26 PM
    Indeed, Terribly slow & disappointing!

What distributor to contact for renewals in Belgium???