Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  How to receive security advisory notifications

Posted May 13, 2020 03:58 PM
    Hi,

I used to subscribe to security advisory notifications as well as page updates for certain Symantec hosted KB pages.  For example I would get notified when the page listing the versions of SEP was updated.  This is how I would keep up to date on when new versions, especially for security related issues were available.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this under Broadcom, or for that matter if it's even available.

Does anyone know how to get this done?  Proactive notifications for security related issues within a security product are essential.

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
    JD

• 2.  RE: How to receive security advisory notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 04:10 PM
    Hi. You should be able to sign up for them here:  https://support.broadcom.com/user/notifications.html

John Owens
    Principal Product Support
    Symantec
    United States

• 3.  RE: How to receive security advisory notifications

Posted May 13, 2020 05:17 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi John,

Thank you for your quick reply.  However while that page displays, it is not functioning for me on several different browsers on 2 different OS types.
    Selecting  a check box and pressing submit does nothing.

Also, for me it is only showing "All Products"  is there no way to filter the notifications to a single product? For my job duties I am only concerned with SEP / SES.

Thanks

JD

• 4.  RE: How to receive security advisory notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 11:00 AM

You must be logged into the Support Portal and then you will see this when clicking on the link. You can then select the products you want the alerts in.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States

• 5.  RE: How to receive security advisory notifications

Posted May 14, 2020 12:08 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi John,

For the screenshot that I posted I was in fact logged in. 

I did not include indication of that in my capture since it is my full name.  Which I do not post in public on the web.
    I've recaptured it again but redacted most of my name.  I see this behavior within FireFox on RHEL and Win, Chrome on RHEL and both IE and Edge on Win.

I have also noticed that this page takes a significant amount of time to load, in the range of 30 to 50 seconds. While I can't recall that any other Broadcom pages take more than a second. 

Thanks,

JD

• 6.  RE: How to receive security advisory notifications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 12:23 PM
    That is so strange.  You may have an issue with your account settings.  I would suggest opening a case with our Customer Care team to take a look at this.

John Owens
    Symantec
    United States