Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 14.2 Windows Server 2019 Browse Network Error

Posted May 24, 2019 04:24 AM
      |   view attached

When I remote push to Clients I get a network error when I browse network " The network location can not be reached, for more information see windows help". I can search via the search network function but not the browse network. I am running SEP 14.2 on Windows Server 2019 GUI. I have included a screenshot.

• 2.  RE: SEP 14.2 Windows Server 2019 Browse Network Error

Posted May 24, 2019 10:55 AM

Is the computer browser service running? Any firewall in place?

This may be related to this:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/sepm-remote-push-error-computer-browser-network-provider

• 3.  RE: SEP 14.2 Windows Server 2019 Browse Network Error

Posted Apr 30, 2020 04:14 PM
    Please run network reset tool to see if it can resolve the issue:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

3. Wait for your server to restart and see if that fixes the problem.

if it does not work than its means that Master Browser computer cannot be contacted or is not available. Master Browser is a specified machine in TCP/IP networks, that is responsible for collecting list of network resources in it`s subnet. If the list is collected. a Domain Master Browser is contacted to update the global list of all resources within all subnets. This global list is also being returned to the Master Browser in order to provide a full view of network resources. Master Browser functionality utilizes NetBT (NetBIOS over TCP/IP)

• 4.  RE: SEP 14.2 Windows Server 2019 Browse Network Error

Posted Sep 28, 2020 04:08 PM
    I was told by support that this was a known bug in Server 2019 installs and would be fixed in the next release.  I am running 14.3.0 MP.

• 5.  RE: SEP 14.2 Windows Server 2019 Browse Network Error

Posted Feb 03, 2021 07:47 PM
    Just upgraded to SEP 14.3 on Windows Server 2019.

Having the same issue as mentioned in the OP

Network reset didn't resolve the issue.

Is there another know solution?