Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  umanaged to managed

Posted Mar 27, 2020 09:46 AM
    Is there a way to manage an umanaged mac client in SEP console?

• 2.  RE: umanaged to managed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2020 07:56 PM
    Hi, unfortunately not and you won't have visibility until it's reporting to the SEPM. You can easily convert them from unmnaged to managed by using the SylinkDrop in Applications\SylinkDrop with the communciation file exported from SEPM group.

Try this KB if you need help, https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=tech131585.

------------------------------
    Sr Manager, Product Management

• 3.  RE: umanaged to managed

Posted Mar 31, 2020 01:32 PM
    Good morning, thank you for your response but that link is broken

• 4.  RE: umanaged to managed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2020 10:12 PM
    My bad, I've ended my link with a full stop, How to convert an unmanaged Endpoint Protection for Macintosh client to managed
    Broadcom remove preview
    How to convert an unmanaged Endpoint Protection for Macintosh client to managed
    It is necessary to convert an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) for Macintosh client into a managed client. NOTE: This process can also be used to update the sylink file on a previously managed client. Export communications settings (sylink.xml) from the target client group within the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), then copy it to the Desktop of the Macintosh you wish to make managed.
    View this on Broadcom >

Try again.

Sr Manager, Product Management

• 5.  RE: umanaged to managed

Posted Apr 07, 2020 10:01 AM
    Thank you for the new link.  I was able to find the sylink tool on my mac but I am using the SEP cloud for endpoint so there is no way that I can see to export the communication settings for an existing mac client.
    I have also asked another mac user to try and find that sylink.xml file and he was unable to find it on his mac.