Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  GSS: Distribute Disk Image task adding linux parameters

Posted Jul 29, 2021 07:38 PM
    I'd like to start by saying I inherited this system a few months back and am still learning the ins and outs.

When I'm setting up a distribute disk image task, the software continuously adds unnecessary and process breaking Linux things.

We're a windows shop, head to toe so this results in failure-to-launch situations.

For example, when i select an image it sets the additional parameters as:

-CLONE,MODE=RESTORE,SRC=%IMAGE_FILENAME%,DST=1 -sure -blind > /dev/console

(the bold part is what concerns me)

I have two separate servers for different campuses across town and only one of them does this.

It is not a huge deal because i can just remove the parameters manually after selecting an image but where do they come from?

Eric

• 2.  RE: GSS: Distribute Disk Image task adding linux parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2021 03:15 AM
    Eric, the legal place to add those parameters is in "Advanced" task properties. There is "Advanced" button to the right of "Save Changes" and "Cancel" buttons that open window like below.

• 3.  RE: GSS: Distribute Disk Image task adding linux parameters

Posted Jul 30, 2021 08:42 AM
    Thank you for the reply @Sergei Zjaikin

I believe I should have actually cross posted this in to the GSS group. Here is a photo of what I'm seeing happen:

A description of the process that is adding linux stuff

I just can not seem to find any documentation about this issue. Like I said in my original post, I only inherited this system, and from someone who is unavailable to discuss their fine tuning. We do not now nor have we ever used Linux in any capacity so its confusing why some setting would be like this on only one of our two servers. Thanks again for the reply.

Eric​​​

• 4.  RE: GSS: Distribute Disk Image task adding linux parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2021 09:51 AM
    Edited by Roman Vassiljev Jul 30, 2021 09:51 AM
    Hi Eric,

This command line in GSS is generated based on selected preboot environment. When preboot is LinuxPE, linux command line is generated(with > /dev/console)

If you need Windows command line please check selected preboot in your deploy job

Hope this helps,
    Roman

• 5.  RE: GSS: Distribute Disk Image task adding linux parameters

Posted Jul 30, 2021 10:15 AM
    Edited by Eric Hoh Jul 30, 2021 11:20 AM
    Thanks @Roman Vassiljev

However, I do not even have LinuxPE installed​

Would reinstalling winPE help in this situation? 

Eric