Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 19, 2020 10:44 PM
    I am facing error when executing the agent product update job.
    CCS version is 12.5  agent is 12.0.1
    Is there any configuration I need to do?

• 2.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 03:21 AM
    Hi Ong,
    it looks like you do not have the Agent Update Package available. Check the CCS Console under Admin->LiveUpdate page, do you see something like "Update Name" "CCS1250.12_50_10000_1250_CCS_AGENT_PU"?
    CCS12.5LiveUpdateAPU

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vladx

• 3.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 03:41 AM
    Hi Vladx,

I dont have the CCS1250.12_50_10000_1250_CCS_AGENT_PU package or similar.
    I only have the the first 2 SCU and PACU.

How should I add the Agent PU to the live update or what configuration is needed?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 04:05 AM

Hi Ong,
    ok, then you need to get the APU package, it is part of the CCS 12.5 Suite install package. If you download the 12.5 suite binaries from Broadcom support site (big .rar file almost 5GB), inside you'll find APU folder with following files:

CCS12.5APUAfter you get that file, execute following steps:
    1. open cms.exe as Administrator and run following command: mkdir "C:\ProgramData\Symantec\CCS\LiveUpdateStaging\CCS_AGENT_PU\CCS1250.12_50_10000_1250_CCS_AGENT_PU"
    2. Copy all files except CCS_12_5_Agent_Update_Win_English.trz from "Symantec_Control_Compliance_Suite_12_5_Windows_EN\APU" to the "CCS1250.12_50_10000_1250_CCS_AGENT_PU" folder created in previous step.
    3. Run the "CCS_12_5_Agent_Update_Win.exe" - it will self-extracts and you'll see another file in the folder: ccsagentupdate.exe
    4. Open the CCS console and go under Admin->LiveUpdate, then under Common Tasks click on Check Updates - this will run Health&Status job that should pick-up the APU and you should be able to see it after few min under the LiveUpdate and then you can upgrade your agents.

Regards,
    Vladx

• 5.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 04:33 AM
    Hi, Vladx 

Thanks for the helps. Appreciate it. The Agent PU is now appearing at the LiveUpdate.
    Btw, how long will the job usually run to update one agent? It has been 10minutes away and the status is still executing.

• 6.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 05:04 AM
    Glad that is worked. Note that APU can take a lot of time, depending on network between your various CCS components. APU works in this way: first Application Server (AS) pushes to APU package to Load Balancer (LB), then LB pushes APU to CCS Manager (CCSSM) which then pushes the APU to selected agents. Note that AS->LB->CCSSM executes every time you run APU job, regardless whether APU package was previously pushed, so if you have AS on separate server, LB on separate server and CCSSM on separate server with slower network, this can take a lot of time. We've seen it takes ~2h just to get package form AS to CCSM. Once APU package gets to CCSSM, things work quicker as CCSSM pushes APU to all selected agents in parallel. However if you have slow network between your CCSSM and agents, that can take a lot of time too.

Regards,
    Vladx

• 7.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 20, 2020 11:19 PM
    Hi Vladx,

Thanks for your knowledge.
    I tried to run on the agent which is faster. The job is completed but when I check the management task status at Asset System/ Agents
    I get below this
    Is there any configuration I need to set on the agent asset or open port or unblock firewall etc.
    Thanks!

• 8.  RE: Agent Product Update is not available for deployment

Posted Jul 21, 2020 03:30 AM
    Hi Ong,
    agent update requires port tcp/5599 opened on the agent side, maybe that is causing the issue. Ensure that your network and host firewall allow CCS Manager to connect to CCS Agent over port tcp/5599.

Regards,
    Vladx