Web Security Services

View Only
  • 1.  Onboarding for WPS

Posted Apr 23, 2021 01:22 PM
    Greetings.  My company currently uses SEP for endpoint protection and we recently acquired a number of WPS (Web Protection Suite) licenses. We have a number of questions about the SAML and user authentication configuration. We have been trying to find someone from Broadcom that can help with the onboarding process to make sure that it is configured correctly. Is anyone able to give some guidance? We have asked our licensing vendor to help locate a Broadcom rep that can perhaps assist and they have been having a hard time as well.

Thanks,
    Moses

• 2.  RE: Onboarding for WPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2021 12:47 PM
    Hello Moses,

I'd be happy to help get the correct people involved to help you with your onboarding. Would you mind stating the name of your company? Also, do you know the name of your partner? 

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Trent Lindsey
    Solutions Engineer
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Onboarding for WPS

Posted Apr 26, 2021 12:54 PM
    Great! Thanks Trent. The company is RTKL Associates Inc., and the place where we purchased our WPS licenses is More Direct.

Regards,
    Moses

• 4.  RE: Onboarding for WPS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2021 10:16 AM
    Thanks Moses. I can provide some assistance with your SAML questions. I am not part of the technical support team, but if you have some configuration questions, I should be able to assist. What specific SAML/Authentication questions do you have? What provider are you using as your Identity Provider? How are you connecting to WSS?

Also, have you seen our techdocs on SAML authentication yet? 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/web-and-network-security/web-security-service/Help/Authentication_4/auth-about-saml.html

I'd recommend going through those first and if you still have questions, let me know. 

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Onboarding for WPS

Posted Apr 27, 2021 05:40 PM
    Thanks Trent. We currently have SAML authentication setup with Microsoft Azure AD. We have a lot of roaming laptops right now with everyone working from home so for simplicity sake, we would like to use one authentication method for all our WSS endpoints. It seems to work fine if the users are outside but once they VPN into our network, WSS seems to have difficult opening websites or just fail completely. We are not sure if an Auth Connector was needed on-prem since Broadcom support told us that we could just use SAML for both roaming and on-prem devices. It has been a hit or miss situation right now with some clients working on-prem/VPN while others aren't. If we disable NTR on the endpoint, everything works. We aren't sure how to troubleshoot those failures.

We were hoping for someone from Broadcom to help us figure out why WSS is so unstable (do we need to set physical locations for VPN, etc.). It seems really complicated for what we want it to do. We certainly can't deploy this solution to 1200+ users if we can't get it to work consistently. 

Regards,
    Moses