Web Security Services

View Only
  • 1.  WSS doubts

Posted Dec 07, 2021 01:34 PM
    Hi team, 

I write you because I have a customer with WSS and he wants to know information about his licenses. He can see the total of the licenses that has aquired, but he ask me if its possible to know how many devices has a license. 

I mean, he purchased 200 of licenses and he wants to know how many of this has been used for his devices. Its possible to get a report with this information. 

Other point that he has, its possible to know how many devices has running the WSS agent?

Other point that he has, its possible to send the agent update by the console, he has some agents with the version 4 and he wants to update to version 7.

I´ll appreciate your help.

Regards

------------------------------
    [Presales Manager]
    [Once Soluciones]
    [Mexico]

• 2.  RE: WSS doubts

Posted Mar 09, 2022 11:20 AM

Hi,

You can get report e.g. Web Browsing per User or create your own user report, to see how many users are using the service within a timeframe. Keep in mind that Licenses count is per active connection.

About WSS Agent, from the console under CONNECTIVITY-> Agents you can find agent connected to the service.

To upgrade Agents you can download package from the WSS console and deploy it through GPO, third party tool, WinCLI. You can also Prompt end user for update.

I hope this help you.

• 3.  RE: WSS doubts

Posted Mar 16, 2022 02:24 PM
    As stated, it is possible to see a full list of all the devices that have "reported" in with a WSSA install.
    If you are only using Agents, and no other connection method (IPsec, Explicit) then your agents should be reporting the number of users (maybe even same user on two different systems).
    If you do have a question on how many devices are running the agent (but maybe not connecting successfully to WSS) then a GPO or Software Deployment tool should be used to determine how many systems received the install and report back on the installed version (if you don't think WSS is seeing all of your agents for some reason).

In limited circumstances an uninstall/reinstall may be necessary but using the Prompt that Marco mentioned is the first option to try, outside of scripting with a 3rd party tool the removal of an old agent and the install of the proper one.

Providing you Premier Partner support via Accredited Training, Professional Services, Consulting Services, Partner support for products with full staff of Broadcom Knights.  Looking for support and want the top versed individuals to assist you? Email sales@braxtongrant.com and let's start a conversation on how we can make you successful. Award Winning North America Symantec Knight Partner of the Year for 2021.