Cloud-Delivered Web Security Services

View Only
  • 1.  Unified agent without captive portal

Posted May 20, 2019 01:43 AM

Hi;

Let's say that I am working from home, If my unified agent connects and provides my credentials that I used to logon to my BYOD device "without the use of captive portal". Can I still undergo policy evaluation based on groups providing that I have auth connector. 

Or I must use captive portal in this case to provide the domain name?

Kindly

Wasfi

• 2.  RE: Unified agent without captive portal
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2019 03:37 AM

Hi Wasfi,

Unified Agent can provide the authenticated user information to the WSS when connecting to a Data Pod. You won't be needing a Captive Portal Option for authentication if the logged user the correct one. For group based rules to work, an Auth Connector connected (or able to connect to) to the same Data Pod will be needed.

The option of captive portal over UA is needed if the logged user is different from the company one. i.e. You are having installed UA on your home machine which is not part of the company domain. In such a scenario, the logged in user is not part of the company. So enabling the Captive portal option for UA, will make it to ask for the username/password to authenticate during the tunnel creation. If this is not the case, then there is no need for enabling Captive portal for UA