Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  GSS Standard Tools.

Posted Aug 17, 2020 07:51 PM
    Hi, I'm trying to download the latest version of the GSS Standard Tools from the Broadcom portal. Despite my retries and docs readed, I don't know how I can download it. Can someone help me to download files? Is still (like in the past from the Symantec FileConnect portal) a trial version of the GSS Standard tools? Past days I've created an account in Broadcom but no link to GSS standard tools I found. Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Gianni Ghezzi
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2020 08:36 PM
    Hi Gianni,

Download the latest version of Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=175846

Regards,

• 3.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Posted Sep 24, 2020 08:35 AM
    Hi I've also founded this link but, after going to the page and logged in, nothing I can download or select, always shows "No product found". Can anyone help me ? Thanks again Gianni.

• 4.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2020 11:12 AM
    I was able to download the product using the instructions in the article. After clicking the Download link, and then selecting 3.3 as the release and Multilingual as the language, clicking the little 'cloud' download button started my download. In the zip file includes both 3.3 base and 3.3 RU4 so make sure to use the RU4 package.

It does open in a new window for the download so if you're blocking popups that could be a problem.

If this still doesn't work, try another browser or clearing cookies.

• 5.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Posted Oct 02, 2020 04:42 AM
    Hi Blake, thanks for your support. On another browser (from Firefox to Chromium Edge, after clearing both caches) I still obtain this:
    No product downloadable.
    So nothing changed for me. Thanks if you can help me again, Gianni.

• 6.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2020 10:39 AM

I have seen recently if your license subscription expired or you don't have an active support agreement that access to product downloads is revoked. If you check on your licenses on your Broadcom account, does it say they're active or expired?

If you're not sure how to do this, give our Customer Care at 1-800-225-5224 in the US call and request a license status check for your Ghost Solution Suite purchase. They should be able to help you look it up.

• 7.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Posted Oct 07, 2020 04:17 AM
    Hi Blake, thanks for your support. As specified in my first post, I'm asking for a Trial version of the GSS Standard tools, like when the suite was owned by Symantec, so I haven't any active license for the product or active support agreement. I'm a private user and I'll use it in my family environment (when I need for it) and the GSS Standard Tools fits perfect for me. So, I still available that version? Thanks Again Gianni.

• 8.  RE: GSS Standard Tools.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2020 02:57 PM
    The Broadcom trial procedure is a bit different than it was with Symantec before the acquisition. Trials are not publicly available and that trials of Symantec software need to be done through our sales team. There's a small section about it in this KB article.

It should be a quick interaction as your request is pretty simple. If you do, post back with your experience so I can be of further help if I need to.