Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  create image with grub2win installed

Posted Sep 15, 2020 09:43 AM
    Hello,

I'm using grub2win for a uefi windows 10 and linux multiboot. On the windows 10 boot i got the automation folder installed. When i want to create an image from this computer, the computer is booting twice to automation boot, fails and returns to windows with the error "unable to boot to automation status code 116". 

Without grub2win the creation of an image is working without a problem. Is there something i need to do to get this working?

The version of ghost solution suite is 3.3 RU4

Regards, Andy

------------------------------
    dongemond college

• 2.  RE: create image with grub2win installed

Posted Sep 15, 2020 11:43 AM
    Is your workstation set to use Legacy at all versus strict UEFI?  I had a similar issue with a Legacy only workstation and the issue was an improper path value for the Automation Folder boot entry.  Even though the workstation was Legacy the BCD setting was trying to use UEFI.

Running bcdedit on the workstation showed the following entry for the automation folder:

Windows Boot Loader
    -------------------
    identifier {e217309d-dead-beef-a315-001372be0d01}
    device file=[C:]\boot\altiris\iso\sources\boot.wim,{e217309d-dead-beef-a315-001372be0d02}
    path \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi
    description Symantec Deployment Solution Preboot Environment
    osdevice ramdisk=[C:]\boot\altiris\iso\sources\boot.wim,{e217309d-dead-beef-a315-001372be0d02}
    systemroot \windows
    nx OptIn
    detecthal Yes
    winpe Yes
    quietboot Yes
    bootlog Yes

For a Legacy system this path value is incorrect.  To fix it I ran the following via a script task:

C:\Windows\System32\bcdedit.exe /set {e217309d-dead-beef-a315-001372be0d01} path \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

You could run it from the workstation itself to achieve the same effect.  Either that or make sure your boot settings are set to UEFI only?

Computer Facilities Supervisor
    University of Nevada Las Vegas

• 3.  RE: create image with grub2win installed
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2020 03:13 AM
    Edited by andyman Sep 16, 2020 08:58 AM
    Hello Elvis,

The HP workstation is set to strict (all) uefi. This is because the linux bootfiles (that we use for digital examins) only runs with strict (all) uefi enabled..

Regards, Andy

edit: it's working now, there seems to be a bug in RU4 which causes this error:
    Ghost Solution Suite
    Broadcom remove preview
    Ghost Solution Suite
    Hidden page that shows all messages in a thread
    View this on Broadcom >

Regards, Andy

dongemond college