Endpoint Encryption

View Only

Windows 10 1909 Feature Update, SEE 11.3 and setupcomplete.cmd

• 1.  Windows 10 1909 Feature Update, SEE 11.3 and setupcomplete.cmd

Posted Oct 19, 2020 05:16 PM
    Hello,

This may be a general question, but looking for some guidance.

We are using SCCM to deploy our Feature Update, going from 1709/1809 to 1909.
    I am creating my own setupconfig.ini file, and placing it in C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WSUS
    Originally my PostOOBE was pointing to my own folder (C:\FeatureUpdateTemp\Scripts\setupcomplete.cmd)

Basically in the setupcomplete.cmd file i call a few powershell scripts to do branding.

I noticed that when my branding was not working, I went back into the setupconfig.ini file and noticed that it now had replaced my setupcomplete.cmd with this: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Endpoint Encryption Clients\Drive Encryption\OS Upgrade Files\setupcomplete.cmd

I thought maybe I can add my powershell scripting to the symantec file since it is only doing a regkey add... but it still doesn't work.

I cannot find any documentation on how i can ensure my customized setupcomplete.cmd runs and not the Symantec one.

Anyone have any ideas? I am following the documentation provided by Microsoft, just concerned that my laptops are using Symantecs file.

thanks,
    Kevin