Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Oct 16, 2015 07:02 AM

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install the trialware for Symantec Endpoint Encryption v11.0.1 and I am recieving this error message when I try to run the file: 'SEE Management Server.msi'

I am using a Virtual Machine with Windows Server 2008 R2 installed, and I have joined it to our domain, and I am logged in as the domain administrator. Communication with the DNS server is fine.

It may or may not be noteworthy, but the Virtual Machine is running via Hyper-V role on the domain controller.

I can't seem to figure out why I am recieving this error message and was hoping someone could help me with my troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

• 2.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Oct 16, 2015 10:50 AM

Hi Martin,

I believe we are logged in with local admin account after joining the machine to domain.

Can you logout and login domain\username and password and then try installing the software.

Regards,

Sarfaraz Rahman

• 3.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Oct 19, 2015 09:44 AM

See Reply.

• 4.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Oct 19, 2015 09:45 AM

Hi Sarfaraz,

I've double checked and I am definitely logged in as a domain user when I try to run it. Unfortunately I am still recieving the error message.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Martin

• 5.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2015 07:34 PM

Have you tried removing it from the domain and re-adding it?  I have seen a couple instances where the domain join was not completed successfully, even though it appeared to be.  Let me know if that helps.  The only other instance I have seen with that error were a local admin account, as Sarfaraz mentioned.

Have you configured the server pre-requisite roles and features as well as the MSSQL before installation?  For pre-requisite information, you can check here:
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/symantec-endpoint-encryption-1101-initial-server-configuration

• 6.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Nov 04, 2015 09:55 AM

Hi Mike,

I completely removed from the domain and re-added and that seems to have done the trick! Not sure what could have gone wrong the first time around though :/.

Thanks for the help!.

• 7.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Nov 04, 2015 12:31 PM

Glad I was able to help.  I have seen the same type of behavior a few times, and it seems to happen more with virtual machines.  Something in the domain join just doesn't quite seem to be configured appropriately the first time around.

• 8.  RE: Please verify that this machine is in the domain, and try again.

Posted Oct 11, 2021 10:28 PM
    Hi, just check your dns o restart dns, its worked for me