Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint Encryption blocking Webroot updates?

Posted Apr 30, 2020 05:54 PM
    We've been experiencing a strange issue since the end of 2019.  We use Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection for our anti-virus.  Our corporate laptops all use Symantec Endpoint Encryption for whole-disk encryption.  The issue is that Webroot is not checking in with the web console and therefore not receiving updates.  This is only occurring on about half of our laptops.  The rest of the laptops, plus all desktops and servers (without Symantec) are working fine.  I've already worked with Webroot support but they could not determine the issue.  When trying to manually force Webroot to check in with the web console on affected machines, it displays the message "An active Internet connection is required to check for updates." which is inaccurate because there is in fact an Internet connection.  During the course of troubleshooting, I did one thing to really make me believe the issue is being caused by Symantec Endpoint Encryption.  On one of the affected laptops, I decrypted the hard drive.  Once that process was complete, Webroot began working properly again.  Has anyone ever experienced such as issue?  Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Endpoint Encryption blocking Webroot updates?

Posted Sep 24, 2021 07:17 PM
    We have also been seeing this issue in the same manner you are describing - it's been happening to us since 2020 as well.  Did you make any progress on a fix?

• 3.  RE: Endpoint Encryption blocking Webroot updates?

Posted Sep 28, 2021 05:10 PM
    Unfortunately, we never did find a fix.  We ended moving away from Webroot, switching to Cisco AMP for Endpoints.  This new product has been working fine without any interference from Symantec Endpoint Encryption.