Data Loss Prevention Cloud Service for Email

View Only
  • 1.  Forward specific email another gateway

Posted May 07, 2020 10:52 AM
    I feel like i am missing something here. We are working on switching from SMG to email security.cloud. I would like to send specific emails to the email security,cloud to help us test and verify our settings. I would like to redirect the messages before smg scans them. 

We have setup another domain (lets call it domain-test.com) and our primary domain is test.com. SMG has a domain setup for test.com. I see in domains you can specify an email address so i tried to specify user@test.com and send it to the email.cloud smarthosts but this does not seem to work. I am guessing because test.com is being processed before the user@test.com. I have tried an alias to say user@test.com  to user@domain-test.com. This mail still goes though smg.

I know i can do a content rule to archive or forward but that is after scanning. It also has other down falls in that it looks for one of the recipients and if it matches  it sends the the message with all the other recipients which can cause problems.

Anyone have/know the right way to achieve this rather then doing a mx change to send all mail?

Thank you in advance. 
    Mike

------------------------------
    IT

• 2.  RE: Forward specific email another gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 02:35 PM
    Mike - is this DLP Cloud Service for Email related? If so, there are some configuration options that would be best to confirm via Support ticket.
    (sending domains are part of the setup, as are other details regarding any on-prem MTAs in the mix...)

Feel free to mention my name (have worked with you previously) - I can help once opened!

Global Support Lead, DLP
    Broadcom, Symantec Enterprise Division

• 3.  RE: Forward specific email another gateway

Posted May 13, 2020 03:04 PM
    Thank you for the response Stephen, I appreciate it. This is not related to dlp cloud. 

I did not realize the forms makes separate posts when multiple areas are tagged. I did mark email cloud as I thought others who have migrated may have some insight on a way to do what I am trying to do.

I believe my problem is with SMG. I am trying to "" forward"" all incoming mail to a specific person to our new e-mail.cloud setup but all the setups I have tried have not worked in smg. This would not be going to dlp as it is inbound. 

Thank you again, 
    Mike

IT

• 4.  RE: Forward specific email another gateway

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2020 03:32 PM
    OK - thanks for clarifying. So, my knowledge of ESS (Email Security.cloud) is limited to what I need to know for DLP.
    E.g., how to add domains in ESS when DLP is refusing to accept mail from them:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?legacyId=TECH247444

But for drilling down as you say, I don't know what else is possible - I do know the ESS team should be able to help!

Warm regards,
    Stephen

Global Support Lead, DLP
    Broadcom, Symantec Enterprise Division

• 5.  RE: Forward specific email another gateway

Posted May 13, 2020 03:54 PM
    Thank you again Stephen, 
    I am not sure I agree completely with this "I do know the ESS team should be able to help!". My experience as a customer is that you have to fight to get "help"(while losing most the time). The standard response of here is a link to our professional services is given even if you can prove something is a bug/defect. I am not saying all the support is that way but in the past ~4 months 99% has been that way. 
    I do apricate your help before and now, but most are not "helpful". 

Thank you again for you time. 
    Mike

IT