Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

• 1.  DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted Jul 23, 2020 06:07 PM
    Hi Team,

I have encountered issue with DLP upgradation from 15.5 Mp2 to 15.7. After installation 15.7 i ran the migration utility on enforce server.
    i got the below error message while running the enforcemigration utility.

I have verified Oracle home path in environment variable. it was there. Can someone help me on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jul 20, 2020 10:01:44 PM com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility runMigrationUtilityJul 20, 2020 10:01:44 PM com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility runMigrationUtilitySEVERE: Failed to read installation parameterscom.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationException: ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.implementations.CommonInstallationParametersReader.getOracleParameters(CommonInstallationParametersReader.java:60) at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.implementations.CommonInstallationParametersReader.readInstallationParameters(CommonInstallationParametersReader.java:239) at com.symantec.dlp.enforceservermigrationutility.EnforceMSIInstallationParametersReader.readInstallationParameters(EnforceMSIInstallationParametersReader.java:35) at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility.runMigrationUtility(MigrationUtility.java:97) at com.symantec.dlp.migrationcommon.MigrationUtility.runMigrationUtility(MigrationUtility.java:70) at com.symantec.dlp.enforceservermigrationutility.EnforceServerMigrationUtility.runMigration(EnforceServerMigrationUtility.java:17)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Rahul V

• 2.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2020 05:32 PM
    Hi Rahul,

From the log entry posted, it appears that the migration utility is not seeing the variable.  In my experience, setting the ORACLE_HOME variable from the command prompt (in Windows) will not make the variable permanent so as soon as the instance of the command prompt is closed, the variable is gone.  Did you set the variable using a command prompt or have you gone into the advanced system properties to create the system variable there?

• 3.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted Jul 30, 2020 07:11 AM
    Hello Eric,

We have gone into the advanced system properties and created the system variable there.

Thanks,
    Rahul V

• 4.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 10:38 AM
    As a simple test, on the Enforce server open a new command prompt and type in "set ORACLE_HOME" (without the quotes). The command should output the value you have specified for the variable in the advanced system properties.  Similarly, type in the command "set path" to verify that your path variable contains the expected installation path to Oracle.  Provided that the output is returned as expected and there isn't any mis-spelling of the variable name, if the migration utility continues to provide errors of the environment variable not being set then you may consider opening a ticket with the technical support team to look more closely at the scenario with you.

• 5.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted Jul 30, 2020 10:48 AM
    Hello Eric,

Thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion, I ran set ORACLE_HOME command in CMD and got output as "Environment variable ORACLE_HOME not defined"

And after running set path command I have got output as " Path=D:\oracle\product\12.2.0.1\db_1\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC "   

Can you please let me know the correct process for setting Oracle Home ?

• 6.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2020 12:07 PM
    Hi Rahul,

So it looks like your path variable is set up, just not the ORACLE_HOME variable.  To set this variable on the Enforce server, open up Control Panel > System and Security > System.  In the left pane of the System window you should see a link to open the Advanced System Settings that will launch your System Properties screen.  Now you should see a button for Environment Variables that you need to click on.  Under the section for System Variables, click "New" and proceed to input ORACLE_HOME for the name and the path for the value, which for you appears to be D:\oracle\product\12.2.0.1\db_1.

If you still have your command prompt running from the initial test I suggested today, you will need to close and relaunch the command prompt so that instance is aware of any new environment variables that have been set.  Try the "set ORACLE_HOME" once again to see if returns the value of the variable you just set.  I expect you should see the output now for this test.

• 7.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted Jul 31, 2020 02:56 AM
    Hello Eric,

I have added the ORACLE_HOME manually in Advanced System Settings and now we are able to view the expected output.

We shall try upgrading now and I will keep you posted if went successful.

Thanks,
    Rahul

• 8.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted Aug 01, 2020 05:14 AM
    Hello Eric,

Thanks for your support.
    We have upgraded DLP to 15.7 successfully.

Thanks,
    Rahul V

• 9.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 04, 2021 08:17 AM
    Hi Rahul/Anyone who can help me here,

We have tried to upgrade the DLP to 15.8 and as Rahul mentioned earlier we also received an error related to ORACLE_HOME and after that as per above instruction we have added ORACLE_HOME manually in Advanced System Settings, which resolved that issue. But after phase one migration started, it is prompting to select a source installation: could you please help us with an information what exactly to be given here. 
    Phase 1 migration has started

XML action file: EnforceServerMigrationPhase1.xml
    Target JRE: D:\Program Files\jdk8u262-b10-jre
    1. Version 15.5 (installed at "D:\Location")
    Select a source installation: ?

• 10.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 04, 2021 08:40 AM
    just press 1

Fady Azab
    Senior Consultant
    CCIT GMBH

• 11.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 05, 2021 07:08 AM
    Hi Fady Azab/ Whoever can help here,

Thank you for the suggestion on the Phase 1 migration and I could complete the phase 1 migration. I have started the phase 2 migration and after some success steps it stopped with a prompt failed to execute migration actions. When I checked for the logs, there is no logs related to phase 2 migration. Could you please help me to identify the issue and complete this migration. You can find the below for your reference and it is not mentioning about the phase 2 migration logs location. I have checked in the logs location which was given as per the phase1 migration but there is no logs related to phase2 migration. 

Select a source installation: 1
    Running migration action "SetTargetIndexersJREConfigFiles"
    Completed migration action "SetTargetIndexersJREConfigFiles"
    Running migration action "SetTargetEnforce15.5AndNewerJREServiceConfigFiles"
    Completed migration action "SetTargetEnforce15.5AndNewerJREServiceConfigFiles"
    Running migration action "CopyEnforceServiceConfigFilesFromTemp"
    Completed migration action "CopyEnforceServiceConfigFilesFromTemp"
    Running migration action "DeleteTempEnforceServiceConfigFiles"
    Completed migration action "DeleteTempEnforceServiceConfigFiles"
    Running migration action "CopyIndexAndIncidents"
    Completed migration action "CopyIndexAndIncidents"
    Running migration action "VerifyOracleVersion"
    Completed migration action "VerifyOracleVersion"
    Running migration action "DetectDatabaseUpgrade"
    Completed migration action "DetectDatabaseUpgrade"
    Running migration action "CompileDbPackages"
    Exception: Failed to execute migration actions. Please refer to the log file for details

• 12.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 06, 2021 02:46 AM

Hi,

Did you run the Upgrade Readiness Tool before?

This error is related to DB errors, which need to be checked before upgrade by this tool:

Preparing to run the Update Readiness tool (symantec.com)

Regards,

Barnabas

• 13.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 07, 2021 10:38 AM
    Hi Barnabas/ Anyone who can help here,

Here I am trying to upgrade to the version 15.8 and all the contents in the update Readiness tool folder which was received from the DLP package has been put under the URT folder and after that phase 1 migration also completed successfully. Not sure what else needs to be done as part of the update readiness and to fix this phase 2 migration. In the version 15.8 don't see any specific tool to run the update readiness check apart from the above mentioned content copy to URT folder.
    Please help if you have some suggestions here to complete this migration.

• 14.  RE: DLP upgradation issue 15.5 to 15.7

Posted May 13, 2021 12:29 PM

Hi Dennis 

Can you share with me the log file under ( Programfiles/Symantec/Data loss prevention / 15.8 / Enforce / protect / Migrator / URT / output / 

there should be the log file for the migration utility which should contain more data about the error 

Thanks 

Fady Azab
    Senior Consultant
    CCIT GMBH