Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  15.7 server software requirements

Posted Jun 16, 2020 10:22 AM
    Hello,

While planning a DLP upgrade to the lastest version (15.7), I find myself with servers configured with Oracle 19c.

The documentation Update guide for Windows) only states that Oracle 12c is supported, though I'm afraid 12c is soon to be deprecated. Are the Enforce, Network discover, Network prevent and Endpoint protect components of the DLP solution compatible with Oracle 19c?

In the same way, the documentation states since DLP 14.4 that the "lastest version" of the JRE is supported. What is the minimal required JRE version for DLP 15.7 support? Is the most recent version actually required?

Environment templates modifications can be quite the hassle, so I'd like to change my environments only if necessary.

Thank you for your help,

------------------------------
    --
    Antoine G.
    Data Protection Consultant

• 2.  RE: 15.7 server software requirements

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2020 09:56 AM
    Hello Antoine,

Currently, only what is listed in the system requirements guide is what is supported for DLP.  If you install outside of that you take on the support for it and it may work but that is the overall rule.  If you want to stay in support follow what is in system requirements guide for that version.

Thanks,

Paul

• 3.  RE: 15.7 server software requirements

Posted Jul 01, 2020 12:22 PM
    Hello Paul,

I will then be rolling with the documented requirements.

From what I understand there is no plan to support Oracle 19c, then I hope that 12c will not get deprecated too soon.

Thank you for your answer,
    Antoine

Data Protection Consultant

• 4.  RE: 15.7 server software requirements

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2020 12:36 PM
    Hello Antoine,

There are plans to support it and they are working on it.  Nothing is set yet but last I heard, the end of July was the target.  That can change depending on how testing goes.  Keep an eye out on the system requirements guide as they will update it there when it is supported.

Thanks,

Paul 

• 5.  RE: 15.7 server software requirements

Posted Jul 07, 2020 11:48 PM
    Hello, I have also looked through the 15.7 Upgrade Guide for Windows. With the update readiness tool, is this meant to be run prior to the upgrade? Or does the Enforce platform first upgraded to 15.7 and then run the URT?

• 6.  RE: 15.7 server software requirements

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2020 11:04 AM
    The URT needs be run prior to upgrading Enforce so that you can address any errors, should any arise in the URT results.  Note that it is the migration utility that completes the upgrade of Enforce and so the upgrade guide mentions under the section, Running the Migration Utility on the Enforce Server, that the URT should be run first to confirm the database is ready for migration.