Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP 14.6 to 15.1 upgrade

Posted May 11, 2020 06:07 AM
    Good morning,

I have DLP version 14.6.0.1 that I need to update to version 15.1

The path of the current version is in D: \ SymantecDLP

With Oracle client 11.2.0.4 - (Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12) - The database points to an external server.

The "PROTECT" and "URT" permissions are already modified.

The file "Symantec_DLP_15.1_Update_Readiness_Tool_15.1.0-3.zip" is unzipped into a created path:
    "d: \ symantec \ dataloosprevention \ enforceserver \ 15.1 \ Protect \ Migrator \ URT"

I already have the outputs through "updatereadinnestool"

My question is the following at this time:

How to proceed with the file "Symantec_DLP15.1_Plattform_Win-IN_15.1.0.25023.zip";

1 Unzipped into D: \ Temp \ DLP. The MSI installation where we could do it in a new path, in the previous \ symantec \ dataloosprevention \ enforceserver \ ..?
    2. What would be the correct option: "enforce server", "detection server" or "single-tier"?
    3. How can I know if it is single-tier, two tier or three-tier?
    4. With enforceserver / enforceservermigrator, do I need detectionserver and detectionservermigrator? with the same single-tier?
    5. What would be the beginning then?
          - EnforceServer.msi
          - DetectionServer.msi
          - Indexers.msi
          - ServerJRE.msi
          - SingleTierServer.msi
    5. If we execute for example the command d: \ symantec \ dataloosprevention \ enforceserver \ 15.1 \ Protect \ Migrator> enforceservermigratorutility.exe. Opt1 (installed at "d: \ SymantecDLP") where you update version 15.1 on the old or current path?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: DLP 14.6 to 15.1 upgrade

Posted May 13, 2020 04:35 AM
    Hi David 

it depends on which deployment method you have , if you have the enforce and the detection server installed on the same machine then go with the single tier server.msi if not then go with the enforce on the enforce server and the detection for the detection server.

you can know if you have singlie tier or not there are two ways 
    1. using the windows services check the vontu services if its only 4 services then its three tier .  if its 5 services then its single tier 
    2. open the dlp console : system > servers > overview and go to the detection server and check the ip if its different than the enforce server then its 3 tier architecture 

you have to install first the new version and then run the migration Utility 

------------------------------
    Fady Azab
    Senior Consultant
    CCIT GMBH

• 3.  RE: DLP 14.6 to 15.1 upgrade

Posted May 16, 2020 11:45 AM
    Hi Fady

The enforce 14.6 console and the Oracle client are installed on the main server and the database is on another server. 

1. In the windows service are 5 Vontu services.
    2. In the DLP system> servers> overview there is no detection server and check. "Upgrade" and "Cloud Upgrade" only.

The detection server is not installed in the enforce application.

What would be the correct installation method?

Regards,

IT Consultant