Deployment Solution

View Only

Imaging Job status returning "Replicated"

Jump to Best Answer
Greg Thomas's profile image
Greg Thomas posted Sep 23, 2021 04:38 PM
When running new image getting "Replicated" We are PXE booting into the PE and kicking off job from computer itself.

I found this article. Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server) We have no Hierarchy, time is right on all systems

Thoughts?

Thanks, Greg
EduardSch's profile image
Broadcom Employee EduardSch Best Answer
Hi,

check the Asset status of this computer. It must be "Active" for imaging to work. 
"Replicated" is actually  "Failed" in this case. I believe that the problem is that Task Server can't resolve computer as a valid one, so it just assumes that "it is possibly replicated".
Thanks,
Ed.
Igor Perevozchikov's profile image
Broadcom Employee Igor Perevozchikov

Hi GregST!

Execute these SQL queries and show what values are there

SELECT OriginNSGuid,SourceNSGuid, vno.Name FROM OriginNSSourceNS orns
JOIN vNotificationServerSource vno ON vno.Guid = orns.SourceNSGuid

SELECT * FROM ServerSettingGuids

And some other SQL Queries to see how much Resources/Items have another OwnerNSGuid instead of your current working NS OwnerGuid (Otherwise, if items, resource have another NS ownerguid, means that they are managed by another NS)

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ItemNSSource
GROUP BY OriginNSSourceNSId

SELECT COUNT(*) OwnerNSGuid FROM RM_ResourceComputer
GROUP BY OwnerNSGuid

SELECT COUNT(*) OwnerNSGuid FROM RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine
GROUP BY OwnerNSGuid

Thanks,
IP.

Greg Thomas
Thanks for responding Igor. The screen shots of the queries are below. I am not an SQL guy so I really do not know what this means. We currently have a 8.1 and 8.6 NS running in parallel. We have been using deployment solution on 8.6 for a month and this issue just came up. the 8.6 DB and NS were built from scratch but some settings., filters, etc. were imported.  Line 1 of the first screen shot is the 8.6 NS, lines 2 and 3 are the 8.1 NS.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Greg
Greg Thomas
Thanks Ed, I believe that is the case. In 8.0 & 8.1 we marked PCs "In Stock" and they would still image. That's a bummer that is not the case in 8.6.
Igor Perevozchikov's profile image
Broadcom Employee Igor Perevozchikov

Hi Greg!

GregST: We have been using deployment solution on 8.6 for a month and this issue just came up. the 8.6 DB and NS were built from scratch but some settings., filters, etc. were imported.

IP: Assume that there were used stand-alone replication rules from an old NS and after such replication of items, resources their NS owner became for old NS instead of new NS. To avoid this and make all stand-alone replicated/imported items, resources related to new NS as owner, need to use coresetting "ReplicationOverwriteSourceNS"

1. About "ServerSettingsGuids" sql table output

Is there NSResourceGuid value same as your new NS has (Check in SMA UI on new NS and compare with NSResourceGuid value on pic below)

2. According to your results from ItemNSSource sql table, I suspect that all items, resources belong to old NS (USS....) and in UI of SMP Console you also see that NS Owner of resources isn't your new NS 8.6

This is because most of Items in "ItemNSSource" sql table have value 'OriginNSSourceNSId'=2 or 3 but not 1.

You can check this in SMP Console in "Default" org view, sorting by "Source" column

This can be updated, using simple sql query
(But do not execute this if you don't have a "Symantec_CMDB" database backup available)

UPDATE ItemNSSource
SET OriginNSSourceNSId = 1 WHERE OriginNSSourceNSId != 1

3.  For SQL query values from "RM_ResourceComputer" and "RM_ResourceVirtual_Machine" sql tables, I see that they all have single OwnerNSGuid.
Interesting to understand, do they have a new NS ownerNSGuid or from old NS.

Please execute these sql queries to see whether physical & virtual machines have there new NS or old NS OwnerGuid. If they will have guid from old NS, then this should be an answer why after scheduling a job or task it has 'replicated' state.

--/// New NS 8.6 OwnerNSGuid: B37852E7-EC24-4C6A-AB20-8B444B33A3CE
WHERE OwnerNSGuid='B37852E7-EC24-4C6A-AB20-8B444B33A3CE'

--/// Old NS OwnerNSGuid: 3744CDDD-5827-4FD8-906D-A5082044DCDA
WHERE OwnerNSGuid='B37852E7-EC24-4C6A-AB20-8B444B33A3CE'

--/// New NS 8.6 OwnerNSGuid: B37852E7-EC24-4C6A-AB20-8B444B33A3CE
WHERE OwnerNSGuid='3744CDDD-5827-4FD8-906D-A5082044DCDA'

--/// Old NS OwnerNSGuid: 3744CDDD-5827-4FD8-906D-A5082044DCDA
WHERE OwnerNSGuid='3744CDDD-5827-4FD8-906D-A5082044DCDA'