ProxySG & Advanced Secure Gateway

View Only

Deprecation warning: 'trace.rules()'; has no effect; use trace.request() instead

Jump to Best Answer
Mohammed Amro Hadi's profile image
Mohammed Amro Hadi posted Nov 17, 2020 08:16 AM
Hi Gentlemen,

I would like your kind support in locating and resolving a deprecation warning, last week I did an upgrade of our ASG appliance from 6.7.4.3 to 7.2.1.1.
After the upgrade I wasn't able to edit anything in VPM policies, therefore I had to roll-back to 6.7.4.3 version and VPM policies started working again.

After contacting support they informed me that a trace.rule is causing the issue and I need to delete it. However, I couldn't find this anywhere in my VPM policies to delete.

So here is my Question, can someone help me to locate where exactly the below configuration my exists in my ASG to delete or change the config.
Deprecation warning: 'trace.rules()'; has no effect; use trace.request() instead
local:295: client.address=192.168.1.105 trace.request(yes) trace.rules(all) trace.destination("trace.html")

Thank you and Appreciate your response.
Paul Riddington's profile image
Paul Riddington Best Answer
Hi Mohammed,

The line will exist in the local CPL policy on the ASG.

Regards
Paul Riddington
Jacob Miles's profile image
Broadcom Employee Jacob Miles
They don't have the recommend button in these ? threads, but Paul is absolutely right - "local:295" is telling you line 295 of the local policy file
Mohammed Amro Hadi's profile image
Mohammed Amro Hadi
Thank you so much, I was able to locate and delete it from the local policy. :)