Workflow Soluiton

View Only

Send Process Back to Workflow

woswasi's profile image
woswasi posted Dec 16, 2020 10:53 AM
​​​​i deployed a Workflow Project which is running good until now..
But now i have one Process witch has a Problem. It  ends (100%) and dont have any open Task and no Taskassignment.

Is it possible with a Form project and a Component to send it back to a individual Point in the Workflow Project?
or to a Workflowdialog Component in this Workflow Project?
or reactivate an old Task with the wright Taskassignment?
Tylor Giles's profile image
Broadcom Employee Tylor Giles
In order to have a forms project send to a Workflow project at a specific point the workflow project has to be designed to accept this. Typically a Workflow project will be created that at a certain points send out to a forms project to get information. When that form completes it sends back to the workflow project where it was called from. The SD.IncidentManagementSimple project does this for all of it's different forms using a Workflow Dialog component.

It's also possible using a Workflow dialog component to set it up to use messages to activate certain paths in the project. If another project created a message that was sent to the Workflow project it would cause that path to be executed. However that requires the workflow process to be at that point of the workflow's execution. If the execution of the project hasn't reached this point it won't process the message or if it's past this point the message also won't be processed.
woswasi's profile image
woswasi
i am not sure if i understand.
my Workflow Projekt has many Workflow Dialog steps, for that i created Webservice Calls​ for example 'MFPUmsetzungStartStep.asmx'
i checked "Expose for WEBservice"

but this step was passed. can i return to it? the process is now at the end, and all Task are finished

if i call the specific webservice with any workflowtaskid it gives back a http error 500
Alex Hedley's profile image
Alex Hedley

Are you using Dialog Workflow? Would you not want to have Tasks created and then only complete the process when that has been actioned.

You could then have separate projects that can SendCompleteWorkflowMessage if you want to close the task from other actions.

woswasi's profile image
woswasi

this is exactlly what i made. I Use Dialog Workflow in Workflow Project, and Use SendCompleteWorkflowMessage in FormsProject.

My Problem is, that one Process is Ended and has no Task left to action, so i can not Use SendCompleteWorkflowMessage for this Process.

But i will send this one Process back to a Dialog Workflow step to run again the Workflow  

woswasi's profile image
woswasi

any solution for me?

can i reopen one of the completed Task in the database? and make  SendCompleteWorkflowMessage to go forward in the workflow or do anyting different to restart this  Process in the Workflow?

Alex Hedley

Can you explain your process at a high level?

For Example:

User Software Request

WF is created, a Task is added (Workflow Dialog) with assignments.

This is approved/denied

Process Ends

When wouldn't you want the process to end and create another task with other assignments?

You can build your process to whatever design you need.

Have a rule model that decides whether the process should end given your criteria and add another Task if required.

woswasi's profile image
woswasi

i try to explain what happend: 

WF was created, and run thru many Workflow Dialogs in the last weeks.  at the last running Workflow Dialog, which was startet, a Task with Assigment were added, with a Form and  SendCompleteWorkflowMessage the Active Task in the Workflow was completed.

until now everthing was good.

then the Workflow should run to next Workflow Dialog, but it didnt, and the Workflow with the Process ended because of an error. The Process is finish and have 100%, all Tasks in the WF are completed.i looked in the database on table "task"

i only want send this specific Process to the Workflow back to a Workflow Dialog to let it process in the workflow.

more info: all Workflow Dialogs a configured with expose as Webservice and listening on message

i tryed to start the workflowstep from a Workflow Dialog from a different FormProject but i get always Error http 500 back

Alex Hedley

You could add an Exception component which could grab any issues, then make that it's own Task (Dialog Workflow) and have that then go to any of your original tasks to re-start the process.

It wouldn't help existing tickets but would help if future ones fail. 

woswasi's profile image
woswasi

Thank you Alex, this is a good idea, i will Change the Project with the exepition trigger and rout too workflow Dialog for handling if an error comes.

But for my understanding, it is not possible to bring a Process back to a Workflow?