Patch Management Solution

View Only

Patch Report for Linux by Filter

Jump to Best Answer
Gerdian Bester's profile image
Gerdian Bester posted Jan 21, 2022 03:35 AM
How can I report on Red Hat Linux patch vulnerabilities by Errata per division/filter?

I have several divisions in my customers environment. They are separated by using filters. I need to report compliance based on a filter.

This is possible with Windows Patch reports.
Igor Perevozchikov's profile image
Broadcom Employee Igor Perevozchikov Best Answer

As Rufus Swart mentioned, best way will be to use existing default report (or clone it) and use own custom Org views/Org groups where required Linux computers are added.

Cloning of default report and adding just a filter portion will doesn't work, because "sp_PMLinux_Report_ComplianceByErrata" stored procedure doesn't contain query for filter collection, therefore there will be required to create additional sp_PMLinux_Report_ComplianceByErrata2 stored procedure in database, clone existing default report, modify to use this additional stored procedure and add filter parameter and filter query in cloned report.

Rufus Swart's profile image
Rufus Swart
Hi Gerdian,

The current built-in reports can only be filtered by the organizational groups, if you want to use the built-in reports you can create a job and task to assign the organizational group membership to a specific group and use that for the filter.

Or clone the report and add the filter portion.
Gerdian Bester's profile image
Gerdian Bester
Hi Rufus & Igor,

Thank you that did the trick. I can now do a compliance report by department.