We want to see if IDMS Journal analyzer can be used to report changes on IDMS records towards our end users (when needed).
Today we see that we are missing some enhancements.
Below you can find a summary:
- Journal reports:
(contain statistical information and provide users with numerous views of database activity)
- Audit reports:
(contains the informative, error, and processing messages generated by CA IDMS Journal Analyzer, and provides a summary of all processing)
- Journal displays (Record/DBKEY/Program):
(most interesting to us, these displays allow the user to view specific database changes)
- The possible input parameters are limited
- Missing possibility to do a SELECT on FIELD level as input
- The syntax to be used is not that user friendly and needs a lot of understanding
- Record and Database key displays are shown in a hexadecimal format (It seems not possible to change this format)
- The USERID of the executing user is NOT included in the report without running an extra report (Chronological Event report)
- Chronological Event report can NOT be combined with the genereation of any other report